Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Double glazing

Scotclimb

Scotclimb

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Just purchased a 2008 cali se
The tailgate& rear drivers side right hand drive double glazed panes have failed with mist in between. Where can I buy replacement for these. As well as them the sliding door window has rusted under the sliding bottom track resulting in it expanding and coming loose. Can this be bought and replaced aswell. I’m handy enough but I suppose it would be a autoglass technician required for this?? Any tips advice would be great. Thanks

They are a VW part only. Cheapest way might be to buy the glass from VW and either fit them yourself or ask a local vehicle glass replacement company once you have bought them. Other option is just to let the VW garage use the windscreen company that they normally use. Both the same glass units had failed on mine.
Or try your insurance company and claim under breakages.
I think when mine fail again I would probably use the single pane glass that’s now available on the newer vans. Double glazing on a van just isn’t worth it. All double glazed units in time whether for home or vehicle will fail at some point.

Or as has already been said above, just replace it with a single thickness rear window instead? It's bound to be cheaper and can be supplied and fitted by any Autoglass centre.

Anyway double glazing doesn't make any discernable difference either to reduce heat loss or deaden sound.

Last edited:
They are a VW part only. Cheapest way might be to buy the glass from VW and either fit them yourself or ask a local vehicle glass replacement company once you have bought them. Other option is just to let the VW garage use the windscreen company that they normally use. Both the same glass units had failed on mine.
Or try your insurance company and claim under breakages.
I think when mine fail again I would probably use the single pane glass that’s now available on the newer vans. Double glazing on a van just isn’t worth it. All double glazed units in time whether for home or vehicle will fail at some point.
Thanks for your reply. I think I’ll just replace them. Going down the insurance route might be an option. Thanks