Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Downstairs bed very HARD (despite Brandrup iEXTEND topper

Before update a thank you to Granny Jen for her generous and tempting offer to try out her Comfortz Topper (and as she asks am located in Southsea), but moving on - the latest is that have now discovered, and bought, a John Lewis SMALL double topper for £85 model 60701004 (which at 120cm wide fits the California 114cm bed far better than the standard double of 135cm).

Anyway you could post a pic of the topper next time you have your bed out?

Thanks

Problem solved with above JLP small double topper. Fits into single bed duvet cover and now sleep OK.

Attended the Cali rally in Stratford - Upon - Avon and was amused to see, when the back door was open. all the different bedding arrangements (looked just like the bedding department at John Lewis)! Nice to know other owners just "stuff it in". What is unseen is the different rituals that we go through when at night making and then in the morning unmaking the bed.

Problem solved with above JLP small double topper. Fits into single bed duvet cover and now sleep OK.

Attended the Cali rally in Stratford - Upon - Avon and was amused to see, when the back door was open. all the different bedding arrangements (looked just like the bedding department at John Lewis)! Nice to know other owners just "stuff it in". What is unseen is the different rituals that we go through when at night making and then in the morning unmaking the bed.

Easy peasy....put bed down then unfold mattress and duvet forward, pillows already in place, jump into bed.
In the morning leave pillows in place, fold duvet and mattress back into three to fit on back shelf, put seat back up.

Hi All

Yes I have an old softy - at home a six foot bed with thousands of individual pocket springs to lull you into a good nights sleep. I find the Ocean bed just to hard to sleep in (just like Goldilocks) and cannot get comfortable and despite spending a small fortune on a Brandrup iEXTEND topper the bed is still to hard for my liking.

What is the solution would I have been better of selecting a Comfortz or Zonesleep topper? Are they any softer? How practical is it to put one of these on top of the Brandrup product (there is of course a limit to how much can be stuffed behind the back seat with bedding) or would I be better of just getting rid of the Brandrup and opting for one of the (hopefully softer) alternatives.

Anybody else had issues with the hard bed in the California.

Please tell me your experience.

Thanks

Had the same problem with the hard bed, settled for 2 'Decathlon' 1200mm wide 110mm thick airbeds, one for upstairs and one for downstairs left under the mattress topper.
The down side: The 12V electric pump takes about a minute to inflate each one.
The upside: A comfortable nights sleep on a 'softer' more forgiving bed. After deflation, the downstairs airbed rolls up with a mattress topper and duvet onto the rear shelf with the bed fully made up (and is rolled out in seconds to make the bed).
The upstairs airbed is so thin deflated there is no issues with leaving it there under the standard mattress to put the roof down.

Question for any gurus out there.
Does anyone on the site no where i can get the rear cali seat altered.As a sofa i find it uncomfy and without a topper I'm not able to sleep on it.
I recently borrowed a friends T5 with a rock and roll bed and what a difference it was.Sitting on it as sofa for the evening was a delight,sleeping no topper was needed.
I have had the van five years now and always excepted it because everything else is great,but think its time to sort a solution.
thanks

Back