Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DPF

Lost Boy

Lost Boy

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Anyone know if 2012 Californias have DPF?

Thanks

Yep - all variants in 2012 have DPFs

Can i assume I don't need to do anything for it to regenerate other than drive it quickly for a sustained period every once in a while?

Is there a light that comes on when its doing this or will it just get on with it whenever I'm on the Motorway? Any tell tale signs?

Thanks

Have you read what it says in the handbook about the DPF? Have a look.:thumb

Occasionally you'll park it and the cooling fans will be roaring away so you think it's hot for no apparent reason. This is just the auto regen doing it's thing. No warning lights. Just Ignore it.

Occasionally you'll park it and the cooling fans will be roaring away so you think it's hot for no apparent reason. This is just the auto regen doing it's thing. No warning lights. Just Ignore it.

My Golf does that all of the time, but never noticed the van do it - maybe the Cali is a bit less DPF happy :)

You don't have to do anything special to kick off a regeneration of the DPF - the car will do it itself - if you only do really short journeys then you may clog it up fully and a light will come on - then take it to a dealers to do a forced regen

Thanks Guys, as you say I had a Golf GTD and it does it all of the time but never heard the Cali do it. I'll stop worrying :happy

Back