Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Drafts Excluder and Awnings

C

Cody

About to buy awning for Gizmo and noticed that unlike my caravan awning, the Khyam awnings don't have any way of stopping the draft coming in from under the Cali. Am I just not seeing it from the photos or does it indeed not have a'skirt' to stop the draft coming in and the dogs escaping? We be using the awning in late autumn and possibly winter so the draft could be quite bracing!

Cody said:
About to buy awning for Gizmo and noticed that unlike my caravan awning, the Khyam awnings don't have any way of stopping the draft coming in from under the Cali. Am I just not seeing it from the photos or does it indeed not have a'skirt' to stop the draft coming in and the dogs escaping? We be using the awning in late autumn and possibly winter so the draft could be quite bracing!

We have two dogs who would still escape under the side of our awning, even with a skirt attached to our Cali. :eek:

As for awnings we bought the Khyam sleeper as it provided the extra spaces, with the inner tent not fitted, for the dogs. They happily sleep in the extra sleeping pod in their dog baskets with their leads attached to a dog stake to stop them doing a mid night run around the campsite. :thumb

As for drafts, the side of the awning next to the Cali can be zipped up so we found no need for a skirt. We even leave a electric heater going in the awning at night for the dogs. :grin:

John

Thanks for steer gents. Was looking at the classic as can't see swmbo letting the kids sleep in the awning. do have a heater too for when have hook up so May present as an option to put beds in the awning sleeping pods. More to mull over :D

Back