Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Drive away awning stopping drivers door

Vee

Vee

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hallo we are away in Scotland just with our first use drive away Vango Jura. The wind out awning is still an inch or so out and the Jura is impeding the opening of the drivers door. What have I done wrong please ? Thanks. Vee

absolutely nothing!

Whatever you put up will impede the door, but why do you need to use the door?

Ah it was only for turning the drivers seat round and I managed without opening the door anyway. I just thought I would check! Thanks for your very speedy reply Andyinluton! Vee

Ah it was only for turning the drivers seat round and I managed without opening the door anyway. I just thought I would check! Thanks for your very speedy reply Andyinluton! Vee
I always found there was a bit of a sequence of things to do (topper on before awning, seat turning before awning, etc). After a while you get more efficient...

Reactions: Vee
We have a Vango Palm and had the same issue. We however on our second trip with it slid it further to the rear of the van, which meant the drivers door was clear to open. Don’t know if the dimensions of your awning may be different !74BA7424-49DA-4731-9170-ADFF62F2BB77.jpeg

Reactions: Vee
Back