Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Driver Alert System

Hantshog

Hantshog

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I have the driver alert option but in the near 5000 miles since new not once has the system alerted me to rest. I have driven for long periods but nothing. The option is selected on the dash so I assume its not been left off the build. Can anyone advise whether they have had alerts and what form does the alert take?

I had it on my transporter but like you I never had an alert in over the year I had it.
I was pretty sleepy sometimes after a hard day's graft so I'm surprised it never did anything

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have the driver alert option but in the near 5000 miles since new not once has the system alerted me to rest. I have driven for long periods but nothing. The option is selected on the dash so I assume its not been left off the build. Can anyone advise whether they have had alerts and what form does the alert take?
I had it on my transporter but like you I never had an alert in over the year I had it.
I was pretty sleepy sometimes after a hard day's graft so I'm surprised it never did anything

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
The system monitors a number of factors, see here -
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/car-saftey/driver-alert-system

If you are a sensible driver you may never get to the point when it triggers an alert.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
I had this come up on Sunday. We were driving back from Dorset (traffic was murder) and had been at the wheel for 3.5 hours. A coffee cup appears on the MFD asking you to take a break.

Nice touch I thought. :thumb

Travelling 70 miles in 3 hours was not.

My GFs Seat car has this and it came on a lot Sunday after a very busy weekend when she was driving home. We have rarely if ever seen it too but it came on a few times on Sunday.

Mine comes on once in a while. Only on longer distance rides. I guess it is when driving becomes sloppy? Sometimes it comes when totally fresh and sometimes when starting to get tired. But it is a good reminder to take a break.

Back