Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Drivers seat jammed facing wrong way

S

steve and lisa

VIP Member
We are currently touring around France and this morning whilst getting ready to leave our campsite near Limoges we could not turn the drivers seat back to the front facing position, it is totally jammed tight. We called VW assist who has spent the last two hours trying to fix it to no avail, he even removed the seat from the floor and he says it looks like part of the mechanism has siezed up.
We are now being recovered to a dealer 65 miles away and they won't be able to look at it until Thursday :(

It has just been one thing after another, I dont think we will ever feel confident to travel outside the UK again

How did this story ends....would be nice to here more?

Same happened to me at Le Mans earlier this year.
Had to really force it round. Turns out the Bowden cable for the reclining mechanism wasn't routed correctly and was caught in the seat base.

I got the same issue when I took over my cali. A new seat base had been ordered and going to replace next Monday. I am told it will take 2~3 hours to replace. It seems a common fault.

Just had the same - how common is it - and what does VW do about it? Quting £990 to sort (inc labour).