Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Driving in high wind

K

Katie T

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi. I’m supposed to be driving back from Bournemouth tomorrow for about 1.5 hours. Winds are being suggested at 75mph. Can I drive the Cali in that!? Thanks x

Yes. I've driven high top sprinters and transits in those sorts of winds.
Take your time and be ready for the sudden gusts.

Yes and no
Mrs C drove ours around the Snæfellsjökull National Park in Iceland last summer and winds were gusting around those speeds, together with torrential rain. We were following some other people in small coachbuilt vans and they were getting well blown about, but Cali behaved reasonably well and was not blown about as much, but watch out for gusts .
Mrs C's comments - it was hard work and not much fun, not to be repeated through choice as driver or passenger

Yes and no
Mrs C drove ours around the Snæfellsjökull National Park in Iceland last summer and winds were gusting around those speeds, together with torrential rain. We were following some other people in small coachbuilt vans and they were getting well blown about, but Cali behaved reasonably well and was not blown about as much, but watch out for gusts .
Mrs C's comments - it was hard work and not much fun, not to be repeated through choice as driver or passenger
Thanks. We are supposed leave at 10 and a bit limited on places to go in rain with kids and dog but will watch weather and not risk it if it’s bad. I appreciate your reply

I have driven my Cali in those winds and it behaves remarkably well.

I also will be on the road tomorrow, leaving the South coast approximately half an hour after the Rugby match, when it's going to be pretty wild

Back