Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Driving to the shower / toilet block

Having just come back from Cardiff, where I saw a van speeding through the site at what must have been in excess of 30mph I am very grateful indeed that organisations like the CAMC advertise, and point out, the 5mph speed limit.

Campsites are places where you expect to be able to chill, not take too much notice of traffic and let the kids off the leash a little bit and kids especially should not be endangered just because someone wants to save 20 seconds in the time it takes to get on or off the site.

We all moan about signs on campsites but if they are policed it can only be a good thing, especially things like speed, noise, quiet time, ball games, dogs on leads etc.. These are all good things in my view.

Also if I see anyone driving to the toilet I just give them a disgusted look.
Agree regarding rules but before we deploy the dirty look we should allow for disabilities ( not always obvious ).

I visited a campsite last week that actually supported the drive to pee scheme...
There’s no hope in reducing our reliance on the motor vehicle :confused:

51F5534C-C8E2-4C77-BDB3-254F3F6F4FC1.jpeg

9EC6ACF7-786B-4E8A-B69A-6EAFF95FBDF7.jpeg

Just a thought........what about disabled folks? I can see that some might need to helped to the amenities if suffering with certain ailments.

Edit: Sorry only just noticed @ArunAlec 's earlier post.

Last edited:
Don't forget that you save on the cost of toilet paper. ;)
Visited Japan a few years back...these ‘washlets’ are standard equipment...I particularly liked the ones with a heated seat and customisable water temp/pressure.

At first I was sceptical but by the end of my trip when I returned home, using a ‘normal‘ toilet felt distinctly retrograde.

I think more and more people are trying to treat their camping trip as 'home away from home' - i.e. bringing the full set of mod-cons and expecting everything to be just as convenient. Saying that, I had considered getting an electric scooter to whizz me along for a 'weeeeeeeeeeeeee' :)

If it's a bit far, I could take my bike, but I am not taking my car for less than 1km. And that would be a very huge campsite, or way too little facilities.
The same with people going to the supermarkets and parking in front of the entrance, blocking the trespassing of cars to the parking spaces and pedestrians with shopping carts. (especially in France).

Back