Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Shower/toilet awning

tuono001

tuono001

VIP Member
Before you bemoan about the 'search' facility what I want I can't find.
So I know about the various popup tents and will be getting one shortly.
What I'm interested in is if anybody has tried an awning type shower/toilet tent, one that you could attach to the nearside awning rail. There are many in the off-road fraternity such as Nomad and Overland, but all these are mounted to roof racks.
I like the idea of it mounted outside, therefore saving space inside.

We bought a popup for the toilet but never needed it. It was a pain to fold as well, cruddy design. So far we just pulled inside, but when we have a guest in the future will likely use outside and propably hunt for another popup. Not sure I could be bothered with someone as extravagant as one that connects to the rail, unless it was built into a smallish drive away awning..

That's what I want and they are available in off road scene. As I said they all seem to need a roof rack to attach to.

I might add that there are ones that come with a roof cover.

Not aware of an awning rail mounted tent like that, I had a browse around for similar last year after ordering my van as not a fan of the cheap "throw out / pop up" type tents. Tried them before and found them too low and fiddly to pack back up. There's an official VW tailgate tent which is about £350 I think but means having the tailgate open all the time to use it.

Still don't have my van but ended up buying a popup Colapz shower tent along with their USB shower. Folds down into a bag roughly 1m long and 15cm in diameter. I've tried it in the garden a few times and works well. Takes about two minutes to popup or down and maybe another couple of minutes to peg / unpeg.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08K3H8XJQ/?tag=eliteelect-21

Not aware of an awning rail mounted tent like that, I had a browse around for similar last year after ordering my van as not a fan of the cheap "throw out / pop up" type tents. Tried them before and found them too low and fiddly to pack back up. There's an official VW tailgate tent which is about £350 I think but means having the tailgate open all the time to use it.

Still don't have my van but ended up buying a popup Colapz shower tent along with their USB shower. Folds down into a bag roughly 1m long and 15cm in diameter. I've tried it in the garden a few times and works well. Takes about two minutes to popup or down and maybe another couple of minutes to peg / unpeg.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08K3H8XJQ/?tag=eliteelect-21
Bought the very same for tent camping a while back. Great design. Good quality. Roomy. Expensive. The shower unit is also great!

Back