Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DRL upgrade change dipping side

F

F1TriCali

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hello,

I have a T5 2006 SE which I have facelifted to a T6 with a kit from Travel-lite. The kit is great and has DRL lights as per pic.

I have moved to France and need to get through the French Controle Technique (MOT) for which I need headlights which dip to the right not the left.

I understand more modern Cali's have an interior switch for this (obvs the T5 doesn't) but which to me infers DRL headlights can be switched to dip either side.

Does anyone know how to do this in some way without the switch e.g. a manual method, as Travel-lite weren't sure.

many thanks

DRL headlights.jpg

As they are aftermarket lights you'll have to physically look at the back of the light. If you can't see anything then try to find out the maker and contact them.
It's your dipped beam that will need switching over left to right not your drls.

Hello,

I have a T5 2006 SE which I have facelifted to a T6 with a kit from Travel-lite. The kit is great and has DRL lights as per pic.

I have moved to France and need to get through the French Controle Technique (MOT) for which I need headlights which dip to the right not the left.

I understand more modern Cali's have an interior switch for this (obvs the T5 doesn't) but which to me infers DRL headlights can be switched to dip either side.

Does anyone know how to do this in some way without the switch e.g. a manual method, as Travel-lite weren't sure.

many thanks

View attachment 102385
DRLs don't have a bias to L or R, Dipped beam headlights do.
So you would have to change the headlights for a LHD set, or use Deflectors to cut out the L side uptick on Dipped Beam , which I doubt would be acceptable on an Imported vehicle.
I would be surprised if aftermarket headlights have any mechanical adjustment, the T5, T5.1 T6 or even T6.1 don't have such a capability unless fitted with LED , or the older Zenon, headlights.

Hello,

many thanks

View attachment 102385
I noticed that the Transporter HQ Headlight conversion was available for LHD vehicles through their Dutch Outlet. Bit late info. as you have already purchased.

I think that they merely use a different bulb mounting on the back of the lamp unit, note the think bit.

Only dipped beam needs to be adapted.