Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DSG Gearbox manoeuvring uphill & going downhill

just put in D or R and wait and it just creeps up.

Oh how simple and beautiful that sounds. How hard can it possibly be to code the later models behave the same? A T5.1 also uses a DQ500 does it not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came across this DSG clutch upgrade (cars) by an American Company which also did software to match.

Very interesting as I didn't previously know the physical make up of the 2 clutch system.

Hello, last monday I made a trip of 900 km to speak with this engineer

He was testing the DSG in many situations and his conclusion was that the DSG worked perfectly. So he started to look for other possible cause. When he used the VAG-COM first time, no failure appeared in the computer, but then he tried to test the Turbo, and then this failure of signal appeared
20190610_123935.jpg
It says that there is no comunication between the pressure sensor (G31) and the ECU. And he think this could produce that the engine doesnt work properly at low rpm.
Next monday I am going to my VW dealer to repair it.

Hello, after remapping my DSG by TVS Engineering and the ECU, the problem reversing has decreased. It is hard to admit but the true is that we have spent a lot of money in a vehicle, and the more reliable answer to our problem with DSG, is to use the hand brake to help with the maneuver.

I too have noticed that when you tickle the accelerator peddle to just set of steadily nothing happens then you press it a bit more and all of a sudden warp drive engages

I am getting used to it and i had put it down to the Bi turbo and the fact that it is all very new and tight and the lack of torque compared to weight stops it just creeping forward as a car would

I thinking on changing my cali with dsg and 204 cv for another with the 6 speed gearbox and 150 cv, but
I'm afraid I am going to miss having more power, and I dont know if 150 would be enough to move a caravan for six people.
When I bought last year the Cali, I chose the big engine to have more power to move a caravan, and during this year and 40.000 kms, I have been in several situations (without towing any caravan) in which I have to use the hand brake to be saver when maneuvering.
With the others cars I have had, during the last 20 years, I never have had to think where I should park the car, but with my Cali, I try to avoid parking on slopes (and where I live in Asturias is alomst impossible).

For anyone fed up with this and wanting to change to a manual I think you may be out of luck. Went with my cousin who wanted a manual to the dealer a couple of weeks ago to be told that all DSG now, no more manual gearboxes.

For anyone fed up with this and wanting to change to a manual I think you may be out of luck. Went with my cousin who wanted a manual to the dealer a couple of weeks ago to be told that all DSG now, no more manual gearboxes.
Emissions control. :thumb

As there are so many poor drivers it is easier to let technology do the thinking i.e gear changing. In actual fact a good driver can actually reduce emissions driving a manual. (now wait for the arguments :Stig:Nailbiting)

At the moment.

Certain Classes of N1 Commercial II and III have higher emission levels under Euro 6 Regulations C & D.

As there are so many poor drivers it is easier to let technology do the thinking i.e gear changing. In actual fact a good driver can actually reduce emissions driving a manual. (now wait for the arguments :Stig:Nailbiting)
Possibly true, but I don't meet many experienced White Van Drivers on the road.

Got me thinking/looking - two weeks ago you were correct. All the emission data for a 150 manual was missing on the configurator but its back now. You may want to ask the question of the dealer again! Chart below is from VW Van web site today.
1569166840974.png

Weird a while back when we was deciding wether to choose dsg or manual (we chose manual by the way)
the mpg on the manual was better than the dsg ...now for some reason it’s the opposite ?
It’s also a bad move in my eyes to take away choice it’s pretty obvious that people like both me being one of them!