Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Easy to steal bike rack?

P

Paulinchen

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi!

Discovered loose hanging screws and twisted bracket on the lower end of the bike rack the other day. One side was completely detached from the cali. I turned the bracket round and fixed screw back on now, but surely that was an attempt to steal it?

Is it that easy? Anybody has any experience with this happening to them? Any security features I don't know of?

P

Not sure about the T6 version but my T5 bike rack has had the bolts removed and replaced with security bolts. Won't stop a professional job but will deter chancers. This type of head.
security bolt.jpg

Hi!

Discovered loose hanging screws and twisted bracket on the lower end of the bike rack the other day. One side was completely detached from the cali. I turned the bracket round and fixed screw back on now, but surely that was an attempt to steal it?

Is it that easy? Anybody has any experience with this happening to them? Any security features I don't know of?

P
Yes. Probably the "Plonker" gave up when he realised it would only fit a T6 vehicle.

Security bolts as already mentioned.

Not sure about the T6 version but my T5 bike rack has had the bolts removed and replaced with security bolts. Won't stop a professional job but will deter chancers. This type of head.
View attachment 19098
Hi!
Yes got these!
Had the special key in my welcome pack.
I can only assume they got disturbed before finishing the job...
Thanks!

Hi Larry, I've just removed a bolt from my T5 bike rack and it appears to be an M6 60mm. Do you know where you can get the torx security version of that as I can only find a 50mm max length...

Thanks

Would need to be drilled out but no issue if you're happy to leave the rack on permanently which I am...