Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tow Bar bike rack to fit Grand California.

L

LindaRothwell

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi. We have just bought a Thule Easyfold XT 2 bike rack to fit on our 'fixed towbar' which was a factory fitted option when we ordered our GC 680. Only problem is it doesn't fit on 'the ball' of the van but does fit nicely on our car towbar. So basically useless. Has anyone found either a bike rack that fits on the towbar, or a solution to replacing the towbar ball? Any ideas would be gratefully received! Thank you so much!

Hi. We have just bought a Thule Easyfold XT 2 bike rack to fit on our 'fixed towbar' which was a factory fitted option when we ordered our GC 680. Only problem is it doesn't fit on 'the ball' of the van but does fit nicely on our car towbar. So basically useless. Has anyone found either a bike rack that fits on the towbar, or a solution to replacing the towbar ball? Any ideas would be gratefully received! Thank you so much!
I think jester or bobcat will be along to help, both have bike racks on there’s

HI Linda,
We have the Buzzrack E-Scoprion as I required a wider tyre holder for my E Mountain bike. I’m really impressed with the design and it folds up nicely and has wheels to move it around.
No tow bar fitting issues and we have the factory fitted option also.
Hope that helps.

HI Linda,
We have the Buzzrack E-Scoprion as I required a wider tyre holder for my E Mountain bike. I’m really impressed with the design and it folds up nicely and has wheels to move it around.
No tow bar fitting issues and we have the factory fitted option also.
Hope that helps.
That's really helpful thank you! We are hoping to find one that fits our BMW car and the GC but clearly not so simple. Ordered the Thule one through Halfords so going to pop in to Reading store tomorrow to see if it's possible to 'fit' a new towbar ball on the GC which will fit both as it looks like the GC factory one is too short. If not we will get a refund on the Thule and buy yours. Although ideally we want it to fit road bikes and our mountain bikes. Obviously expectations are too high!! But all this info is so helpful for everyone moving forwards. Thanks! VW need to take note too......

Hi Linda we also have a BMW fitted with a westafalia tow bar and no issues on it whatsover With the rack.

Hi Linda we also have a BMW fitted with a westafalia tow bar and no issues on it whatsover With the rack.
Okay that's reassuring as we have bmw factory fitted tow bar on the car (no idea what brand it is) so hopefully your rack will fit both vehicles. Fingers crossed. Will post outcome! Cheers!

Ditto: Thule Easyfold XT 2 bike rack to fit on our 'fixed towbar'

Ditto: Thule Easyfold XT 2 bike rack to fit on our 'fixed towbar'
Can the rear doors be opened fully when the bike rack is in place (with bikes)? Or if not, can they be opened if the tiltable version is installed? (the Thule Velospace-xt-2-bike-carrier)?

Okay that's reassuring as we have bmw factory fitted tow bar on the car (no idea what brand it is) so hopefully your rack will fit both vehicles. Fingers crossed. Will post outcome! Cheers!
What was the outcome?

Back