Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ecoflow Delta 2

DonGraham

DonGraham

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Those of you who have an Ecoflow Delta 2 in your GC 680, I'm interested to know where you installed it?
If I decide to buy one, ideally I'd like to install it in the electric cabinet, but having a look with my inch tape it looks very tight, and if it can fit in there, it will be difficult to connect anything to it. So the alternative is the next door cupboard beside the rear door which I'm sure will be big enough, but I keep my leveller blocks, hook up lead, water fill hose etc in there.
Any advice appreciated, and I've got to say this is a great forum! As a newby GC owner I've picked up loads of advice just by reading through posts, and no doubt there is a post with the answer to my quiery but I havent found it yet...
Thanks...

i have a Delta Max, so a bit bigger than yours, but have it stored under the external shower shelf by the rear door, that way it can be plugged in to the 240v or 12v socket located there and also plenty of room to run an extension in to the main area etc. I also have a 5m EHU that I can plug in to it and run it to the EHU point when required (I have zero diy skills to even attempt to hardwirecto the vans electrics like some have, very jealous! :confused: )….

The Delta 2 stores pretty neatly under the shower shelf. See pic. I also have the extra battery. The stand in the picture is made from 12mm ply with a false back to allow the battery cable to be run from one to another. I’ve just updated it all using HPL instead of ply but no picture as yet with that in place. The 230Vac outlet connects to the van via a changeover arrangement on the GC 13A outlet circuit allowing selection of hookup or ecoflow. I can also select if I want the GCs 230Vac mains charger to be supplied by the Ecoflow. You can find details of that changeover system and a simpler version on the Grand Cali UK facebook group in the files section.

IMG_3308.jpeg

IMG_3307.jpeg

So we fitted our Ecoflow delta 2 into the electrical cupboard - just removed the vertical wall (since we don't store anything else in there - bikes make it hard to get into.

ADCreHeav67iIgIsKz5E7GNli6S46hisjyQtWkk95PRXrMXkTqL9EhxVQrLMkjTIUJOFzZsIBoAWAQ33DnPagoYnkz2xTa7YGOAfVuKdkqKP13TXCNjwfPvlVbcGfyfIdaZw-dWS0pUiUTC-eicDSM0U9bTSUfdwasHUGEUUib8594_HNlf8UBNo7rfcPE62aCOS_wIKEQZ26wTXNt1HDseFeYgc6PeYkLB9zsB1Z-bRckA-a8BYz_YoxXoRcYv_MLBKK7ntWNrGJdWYARtTMJaXC7Xfhol4ZeT87mV0MtHtu9FVwgFegegnl8LOg1b0U_Kk3twu4Xguu2XuXnPvL_zuCh1636SOAOugbvRwm7vAd3ehcNL_ldBoA_TsLXB_V0HqjGJFG36-3DUaZcTlAP_nFdSrTZ4qEsNm-C1VkMS7wVyLa9I1u14GCtMWQz-eZv9VzoeHi4uXvKyFViph4MSVnKBeQPXU8JKDb80kruSpAAfdVl--LzIkgzbSRVuO7NbRE3b1eYpzPCAMsaYgE1YHquh9be-lv1edtcYuPJ4xuz75u-j6HePV4FjEmHNis9vaH3Bgg5Mcdw2Ca4t3YQfCOg8CS62S89dxZA9UcV-DtjNMQtecdmaYU_NxqUV1wyNpjRz-qfW11mdcKXPAgrQkqRHVBaTF-Ieyq4x6hEPfZHjL5K2p22hz8C4_39uiR_NwenXTLDF3c2X3_SAYfGackRDvzcMrvklvMwleZbksRotLndRt7E3SsmTPQDJqbR2E4yt2cnH2XO76ST8kImnC_jxdowAiTTSRdVYn8c7-GyjxnjeyPsgV5SHgHz6DR1xMJYeE5gWmHf0h-9YjFds3X05dhVGqonCxlri5tXFUUmAYmNDPUcdYv0I98NlG1IRIu1b68dCeEjv9LiUFJF7JrrQ=w974-h1299-s-no

(Reused the 'table securing strap' to hold the delta down)

One of the pain in the ass things - you need bluetooth and the app to start/stop the AC inverter, otherwise its a reach around the back - I understand the delta pro (?) has a wired remote you can use.

Also added a 12V battery protection relay - Ecoflow charges (slowly) from the house battery when the house battery voltage is over 13V

@GordonH - thank you for the direction around the part numbers for the wago connectors.
The other change I did - was just put it inline with the AC output, so no changeover switch, and using the Ecoflow inbuilt protection.

Thanks guys, really good info!

i have a Delta Max, so a bit bigger than yours, but have it stored under the external shower shelf by the rear door, that way it can be plugged in to the 240v or 12v socket located there and also plenty of room to run an extension in to the main area etc. I also have a 5m EHU that I can plug in to it and run it to the EHU point when required (I have zero diy skills to even attempt to hardwirecto the vans electrics like some have, very jealous! :confused: )….
Careful with that. You have no earth, i.e.no protection if you use more than one device or appliance. When plugged into your EHU there is already the battery charger and possibly the fridge. Anything you plug into any 230V socket will not be earthed. Stay safe!

Careful with that. You have no earth, i.e.no protection if you use more than one device or appliance. When plugged into your EHU there is already the battery charger and possibly the fridge. Anything you plug into any 230V socket will not be earthed. Stay safe!
Thanks, I believe this has been discussed at length and no reported issues. I have been a member of the Motorhome forum, where again there are pages and pages of this topic, again with no reported issues. But I do appreciate you raising it.

Last edited:
Hi all, just collected my GC600 this weekend and wanted to ensure I can go off grid and still have fridge and heating working after 2 days. Am I right in thinking you can use the 12v outlet on the delta into the 12v socket in the GC boot area and it will prevent you losing leisure power?
Cheers Ben

Hi all, just collected my GC600 this weekend and wanted to ensure I can go off grid and still have fridge and heating working after 2 days. Am I right in thinking you can use the 12v outlet on the delta into the 12v socket in the GC boot area and it will prevent you losing leisure power?
Cheers Ben
I could be completely wrong, but I do not think that will allow you to draw 12V power from the ecoflow. @GordonH has done a great job in wiring his ecoflow’s into the main electric unit of the van with a switchover etc. We just have a short EHU cable and charge the leisure battery up as required from the ecoflow. I have also ran a standard extension lead plugged in to the EcoFlow to the living area and run any appliances from that.

Cheers Ben
Unfortunately not, The 12V output on the Ecoflow D2 is not designed as a battery charger so there is no backflow protection and no active current limit so at best it will just trip out but you risk damaging it. There are other approaches. There is lot of discussion and info on the VW Grand California UK facebook group on this topic. Have a read through this post and a look through the files section for more info on a changeover switch. https://www.facebook.com/groups/833942000874865/permalink/1418346045767788/