Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric Oven

O

Oggycampers

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi. We're new to both our Cali 6.1 Ocean and the forum. We live in Cornwall, camping locally and planning to travel alot next year. We would like a small electric oven and wondered if anyone has experience of one of these or any recommendations.
Quest 35409 Compact 9L mini oven
TAVM

The 9 or 12 litre ovens can work well, a little limited in what you can cook or reheat but they do give you the option to vary your meals a bit and warm up croissants etc or raid different parts of the supermarket when away.

I was given a small one that cost a few Euros about 20 years back. It's cheap cheerful and relatively small with a mechanical timer that turns the heating element off. I've since been given a slightly better one with heating elements top and bottom with a more sophisticated timer. Both are essentially inexpensive units we use on cold winter weekends or take on trips where we put it in a drive away awning if staying put for a few days

We've got a Beach so don't have the built in stove so have bought one of these as well which lives in one of the storage pockets. https://amzn.eu/d/hgA53kk It doesn't get much use but it's handy when we are on a hook up, otherwise we tend to cook on gas outside.

At the price I'd say read the reviews and choose one to see how you get on.

Hi. We're new to both our Cali 6.1 Ocean and the forum. We live in Cornwall, camping locally and planning to travel alot next year. We would like a small electric oven and wondered if anyone has experience of one of these or any recommendations.
Quest 35409 Compact 9L mini oven
TAVM
I’d wait and get a few trips under your belt.

Would hazard you will find quite quickly you have no need to cart an oven about in something as compact as a Cali.

If you do decide you need an oven of some description, you may be better off looking at compact air fryers..

I’d wait and get a few trips under your belt.

Would hazard you will find quite quickly you have no need to cart an oven about in something as compact as a Cali.
I would echo this.

As a keen cook & ex chef, I had visions of elaborate meals, with induction hobs etc.

Have to say, I get much more enjoyment out of simple cooking using a limited set of pots in multifunctional ways.

Found the much touted Tefal Ingenio pans great. For me it’s about rethinking cooking and celebrating simplicity.