Electric roof problems

Please vote yes or no

• Yes

Votes: 33 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 89 73.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The lady doth protest too much, methinks ..... I don't often see posters going to so much effort to justify their choices as certain anti-electric-roof owners in this thread. Does make me wonder if, in fact, there are actually some regrets about their own purchase decisions?

If you have a secret hankering for a fully loaded Ocean, with LED pop-top reading lights, a clean pop-top roof with no intrusive bars or straps, it's OK, you can tell us. ;)

How many have had electric roof problems on the california
Usual problem with control panel knob, got replacement panel from Castle and replaced it (once I managed to get control unit out) it was a bit of a tricky task.

Usual problem with control panel knob, got replacement panel from Castle and replaced it (once I managed to get control unit out) it was a bit of a tricky task.

When I wanted an electric roof (after having a manual one in a T5 conversion) my consideration wasn’t about reliability and sagging etc, it was about ease of use without too much faff and worry that you’ve securely strapped in down. But our old T5 manual roof strap system wasn’t as simple to use as the Beach/Coast one looks. But my mrs also wanted a roof she could operate and lock down with confidence on her own. The number of times we put it up and down with ease will hopefully outweigh any issues we have with it.

Probably another good poll would be “How many owners with a manual roof have had to stop on their journey to check they’ve secured their roof properly when it felt noisier than normal?”

Probably another good poll would be “How many owners with a manual roof have had to stop on their journey to check they’ve secured their roof properly when it felt noisier than normal?”

…only an idiot would drive off without checking the roof was down properly - electric or manual.

If you have a secret hankering for a fully loaded Ocean, with LED pop-top reading lights, a clean pop-top roof with no intrusive bars or straps, it's OK, you can tell us. ;)
Coast Edition comes with all the Ocean pop-top (and tail gate/living area) LED niceties, so no regrets from this quarter.

Hello forumers!
I have California Ocean 2021. The first trip for two weeks went without problems. Then there was a simple three months without lifting, and then, on the very first night, after fifteen minutes, the left post dropped by 30 centimeters. The roof opened, but fell with a huge lead on the problem rack. I was afraid that the roof would break in this way and decided that it was safer to disassemble the control panel to lower the roof manually (many thanks to the forum for this - I could not have done it without your help. You have an amazing amount of useful information).
The next time such a fall did not happen, but in 8 hours it sags by 10 centimeters and is always skewed to the sick stand. Sent to a service center where the software was updated. We're leaving tomorrow for two weeks, we'll see if there's any progress.
Sorry for the syllable - I do not speak English, I translate with the help of Google.
Oh yes - but now I can disassemble the control panel and I have a screwdriver as thin as a needle. ;)

I'm currently having electric roof problems - can anyone recommend anyone who could diagnose and fix an electric roof? We're based in Stroud, Gloucestershire...

Thanks

I'm currently having electric roof problems - can anyone recommend anyone who could diagnose and fix an electric roof? We're based in Stroud, Gloucestershire...

Thanks
Start a thread, post some pics, tell us what is happening
and you never know..
Could be a simple fix.

Thanks
VW South Hereford, Centurion Way, Hereford, have looked after my California for past 8 yrs . As far as roof faults I have no experience, but they are a dual dealership, cars and commercial on one site in one building.