Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric side door outside handle has stopped working

S

Sarge

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
the handle on the outside of my 2006 California electric sliding door has stopped working ! The door will operate with the remote, the inside handle and the dashboard button , has anybody else had this problem and if so how to fix it . Thanks Sarge

Hi and welcome @Sarge on you first post ,
Problems allready....does the handle moves or is it stuck.
DIY would mean taking off the inside door trim to check things out , as far as i am aware this is not a common fault .

Hi and welcome @Sarge on you first post ,
Problems allready....does the handle moves or is it stuck.
DIY would mean taking off the inside door trim to check things out , as far as i am aware this is not a common fault .
Hi thanks for the quick response the hand works normally it just does not work the opening mechanism it will open manually , hope this makes sense.

You could try cleaning the door contacts

Not sure there would be a fuse just for the door handle ! May have to take door lining off and have a look at the connections

Not sure there would be a fuse just for the door handle ! May have to take door lining off and have a look at the connections

Sorry i thought it was electrical but sounds mechanical, could be broken cable. I seem to think that their are posts on hear for this repair.

It is an electric door . It is just that the outside handle will not switch the electric Moter to open the door .

Do you know if the micro switch is behind door lining ?

If the electric switch works when pulling from the inside and not from the outside does this mean there are two diffrent switches in the same door???
Anyone can shed light on this...

Back