Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grating Sliding door

Martyn 4950

Martyn 4950

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
My sliding door is working ok but has started to make a bit of a clicking noise upon opening or closing. Is there anything I should do to solve this.? If cleaning and simple maintenance can you please give advice and be specific . Thanks

Most likely grit on the lower roller, it's a 'down no your knees job' and clean the bottom surface of the track and the roller if you can. Don't get carried away and grease the runner as it will only pick up even more dust and grit, just brush the area out with a stiff brush. It's quite probable that the offending bit of grit will come clear on its own by opening and closing the door a few times however I run my jet wash along the roller channel occasionally to keep it as clean as possible.

Most likely grit on the lower roller, it's a 'down no your knees job' and clean the bottom surface of the track and the roller if you can. Don't get carried away and grease the runner as it will only pick up even more dust and grit, just brush the area out with a stiff brush. It's quite probable that the offending bit of grit will come clear on its own by opening and closing the door a few times however I run my jet wash along the roller channel occasionally to keep it as clean as possible.
Thanks

Mine was making the same noise and it went into Breeze to get resolved under Warranty. They said it was adjusted, so no idea what they done. I suspect it was just cleaning of the tracks as the top roller has been quieter since as well. The bottom runner was full of thick grease. I think it is better to clean and keep well lubricated.

Mine was making the same noise and it went into Breeze to get resolved under Warranty. They said it was adjusted, so no idea what they done. I suspect it was just cleaning of the tracks as the top roller has been quieter since as well. The bottom runner was full of thick grease. I think it is better to clean and keep well lubricated.
Clean - yes. Lubrication - very carefully, a few drops/spray to the central ball bearing on the roller only. Not on the runners. Runners just need to be kept clean.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back