Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric Tailgate

Hylus

Hylus

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
When the T6 was announced one of the features which caught my eye was the Electric tailgate. To quote one (of many) articles:

A newly-available electric tailgate system pops the tailgate open or closed at the push of the key fob and driver-door button​

This would be of great interest to us as my wife has trouble closing the tailgate on our 2013 Cali.

However I cant find any reference to this feature on any reviews of actual vans or in the brochure or price list. Does anyone happen to know if this option was silently dropped or maybe only available on models other than the California.

I could be wrong, but I think it is only available on the T6 vans, probably because the California tailgate holds the Chairs +/- Double glazing +/- bike rack, so probably not strong enough to lift/close that lot without burning out the motor.

It just closes by itself ....no...?:D

I've just ordered a T6 transporter highline. Didn't see any mention of an electric tailgate in the brochure or price list. Perhaps it has been dropped?

Sent from my Galaxy S6

I can see the issue with the electric motor potentially struggling with the extra weight of the Cali tailgate but it's a real shame that this option doesn't seem to have made it over. It was going to be the main reason for upgrading as it's kind of awkward for my wife to use the van on her own when she can't close the tailgate with her bad back!

The electric tailgate is available on the Multivan, not for the California onfortunatly.

I could be wrong, but I think it is only available on the T6 vans, probably because the California tailgate holds the Chairs +/- Double glazing +/- bike rack, so probably not strong enough to lift/close that lot without burning out the motor.
true

Whilst eating my Schnitzel in a crusty bread roll ( baked with emmentaler cheese and 2 slices of peppered tomato ) yesterday, i saw a Multivan with the electric tailgate, big chunky struts,
it looked a good thing, but then i researched and found it to be a 750€ optional
extra.
I've seen many Multivans with bike racks, next time i see one and i get the chance i'll
ask if its electric and if it opens with 4 bikes on.

Whilst eating my Schnitzel in a crusty bread roll ( baked with emmentaler cheese and 2 slices of peppered tomato ) yesterday, i saw a Multivan with the electric tailgate, big chunky struts,
it looked a good thing, but then i researched and found it to be a 750€ optional
extra.
I've seen many Multivans with bike racks, next time i see one and i get the chance i'll
ask if its electric and if it opens with 4 bikes on.
Both the hot dog and tailgate sound delicious

Posted this before,

it looks like the transporter is possible to fit the electric opening tail gate, as a retrofit, but requires a new tailgate on the T6 due to the electric struts ! ( although this is listed under T6.1 section, it does not elaborate if the T6.1 requires a new tailgate)

the cost seems to be prohibitive and probably not possible on a Cali for the reasons given above (trim, weight etc)

Posted this before,

it looks like the transporter is possible to fit the electric opening tail gate, as a retrofit, but requires a new tailgate on the T6 due to the electric struts ! ( although this is listed under T6.1 section, it does not elaborate if the T6.1 requires a new tailgate)

the cost seems to be prohibitive and probably not possible on a Cali for the reasons given above (trim, weight etc)

£4K lol

Back