Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tailgate not closing properly, electric lock malfunction T5

S

Silke

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello, I would be grateful if you could give me some advice. The electric motor that helps pull the tailgate shut when you close it has stopped working on my T5 California. When the problem first occurred, the motor was repeatedly whirring, trying to pull the tailgate close but did not manage to do it. I was able to lock the tailgate by pushing it down, but it was not pulled in properly. Then the motor stopped whirring completely, and all I could do was push it shut. But randomly, the motor suddenly jumps into action again, tyring but failing to pull the tailgate in. Any ideas how I can go about solving this issue? Thank you!

I recognise the - motor was repeatedly whirring, - bit
it happens on mine when it's not pushed in close enough.

Any update on this, I have an intermittent issue that sounds just like this. Changed both motor in the floor and the handle, still does it now and then, alarm goes off too. Dash signals door open. Frustrating!,,

Any update on this, I have an intermittent issue that sounds just like this. Changed both motor in the floor and the handle, still does it now and then, alarm goes off too. Dash signals door open. Frustrating!,,
Just a point. If you click on the “ Reply “ button on the post you are interested in then the poster will get a notification, otherwise it depends on the poster checking this thread to see your post.
Or include the posters forum name in your post.
@Silke

Back