Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric rear and side door on t6

M

Mervyn kennedy

VIP Member
hi can anyone tell me if you can order an electric rear tailgate and the sliding side door on a 204 dog 4 motion .we have a t6 with a lot of extras and can't find it on any brochure from vw anywhere as our dealer is to check and let me know .the main one I would like is the rear tailgate for out daughter to be able to use to open and close it . I was told that the California might be to heave for these options . Does anyone have these options or know anything about them . If I can order this I might be willing to trade for these options .
Cheers

hi can anyone tell me if you can order an electric rear tailgate and the sliding side door on a 204 dog 4 motion .we have a t6 with a lot of extras and can't find it on any brochure from vw anywhere as our dealer is to check and let me know .the main one I would like is the rear tailgate for out daughter to be able to use to open and close it . I was told that the California might be to heave for these options . Does anyone have these options or know anything about them . If I can order this I might be willing to trade for these options .
Cheers
I don't think the electric tailgate is available on the California because of the extra weight of the tailgate due to the chairs. Only available on the T6 vans.

That's what I thought .a little disappointed though.thanks mk

The rear is only available with the electric latch.

The door is really heavy and my other half struggles to close it, usually leaving it for me to do!

Yes, no electric option and it is very heavy indeed!

Top of my wishlist for a T7 are:

1. Electric tailgate
2. Memory swivel front seats

:)

I think the tailgate is heavy to pull down because the springs are over-rated so that you can fit a bike rack. If you pack some heavy items in with the seats, I have a Cali Cosy and hook-up cable in there, it helps to balance the springs and makes it much easier to open and close. On the other hand you need to be careful if you ever leave the seats out, I opened the boot with no seats in and it nearly took my head off as it flew open.

Yes I am now understanding no joy . It my current t6 the gas struts have weekend and I have to push the door up the last 6 to 12 inches .struts need replacing and also a temp t6 also have the struts weakened
Yes, no electric option and it is very heavy indeed!

Top of my wishlist for a T7 are:

1. Electric tailgate
2. Memory swivel front seats

:)

How/ why does Thomas Heaton depart from his Cali via the rear door in this video? I had assumed he must have a powered tail gate, I can't open mine from inside!

How/ why does Thomas Heaton depart from his Cali via the rear door in this video? I had assumed he must have a powered tail gate, I can't open mine from inside!

Probably by simple video editing ;)

Yes I am now understanding no joy . It my current t6 the gas struts have weekend and I have to push the door up the last 6 to 12 inches .struts need replacing and also a temp t6 also have the struts weakened
I doubt if they have got weak, but the amount of assistance will vary depending on the ambient temperature. The colder it gets the less assistance and you will have to push up the last 12 to 6 inches, but they should hold the tailgate up.
If the ambient temperature is high then watch out as the tailgate can spring up at speed.
This is normal.

Back