Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Elevating roof servicing

Thanks
Never heard that warningsound ....or was it some backgroundnoise ? Phone ?
Ps: fill in your verhicle details in your personal detail so it shows under your avatar , much more relative info can be given by knowing this

No I didn't have any extra noises - doors shut and engine on. That is the warning noise that always sounds and is accompanied by the warning on the control panel: roof down? etc
Thanks - you are one of the many helpful people on this forum!

Not sure about low oil, but sounds like air in the system. The higher pitched whine when the roof is going up sounds like the pump going quicker as its pumping air.

I've been meaning to update on this after all the helpful advice. Took the van to VW in Preston and as others have suggested their service and knowledge of the Cali was superb. Guy (I think that was his name...) the technician appeared to know everything about the Cali and seemed to have done most jobs before.

As people have suggested the roof appears to have a fluid leak. Guy (?) found evidence of black liquid in one of the channels beneath the elevating arm. This implies a leaky washer which of course probably costs about 50 pence but needs all the fluid bleeding and replacing which means a long job. I mentioned the method of filling the fluid reservoir without stripping out the lining and basically this is not an approved VW method so he was not able to do it. So I am looking at 6 hours' labour = £500+. Gulp but I am going ahead as it is not a job I feel confident in doing.

There does appear to be a hole in the market for a non-VW Cali expert who can do jobs like this and not charge VW prices. Any ideas?

I'll update when done. Thanks again

There does appear to be a hole in the market for a non-VW Cali expert who can do jobs like this and not charge VW prices. Any ideas?

I'll update when done. Thanks again

In Norway, I help a lot of Calli owners. Try to fill that hole, but just as an enthusiast...

Back