Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Emissions light just came on

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Solid yellow, came on after switching engine off and starting again. Manual says it's an emissions warning light but if it keeps coming on, the dealer needs calling.

396-0-120.jpg

A little nervous as our month away is booked in exactly a month!

Any ideas? Not exactly handy having to go to the dealer tomorrow...

I recall that we had this light come on, when our van was about 2 yrs old. Still under warranty, so I called the VW Assist number and a gujy came to the house and checked it out. Faulty sensor - fixed in 20 mins in my drive.

Lewis

I would call VW Assist.

If you wife is insured to drive then you tend to get a better response if she happens to make the call when left with the vehicle on her own ;)

Ours came on and the RAC shadowed us to the dealer at Northampton. Engine didn't go into limp mode. It was an exhaust sensor which the dealer replaced under warranty - apparently it doesn't take long but we were loaned a car over the weekend. We've had a month away in France since without a problems. Good luck.

Phil

KernowLad said:
Solid yellow, came on after switching engine off and starting again. Manual says it's an emissions warning light but if it keeps coming on, the dealer needs calling.

396-0-120.jpg

A little nervous as our month away is booked in exactly a month!

Any ideas? Not exactly handy having to go to the dealer tomorrow...
Is it just the one light or is there another flashing.
I had this on my transporter last year as philcod mine was an exhaust sensor. I also had a flashing coil light if I remember rightly.
As it was explained to me by the very nice VW assist man the solid light merely means that a fault has been logged in the ecu.
Mine took two visits as he didn't have the part.
Definitely ring VW assist rather than your dealer though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Cheers all; VW Assist on the way. We're camping tonight so hope it gets fixed!

EGR valve. Been reset but I'll get it booked in.

Darn!

The frequency of these things failing is amazing - having read previous threads on the forum. It must be costing VW a fortune in warranty work and damaged reputation. Surely they must be doing something to improve reliability. Does anyone have any intelligence on this?

philcod said:
The frequency of these things failing is amazing - having read previous threads on the forum. It must be costing VW a fortune in warranty work and damaged reputation. Surely they must be doing something to improve reliability. Does anyone have any intelligence on this?

I really don't trust modern four cylinder diesels.

The light needs to come on again before it gets booked in. A little nervous...!

Being a 180 will mean a days work to change it. Fingers crossed it doesn't affect your planned trip!

cheers

smgcowfold said:
Being a 180 will mean a days work to change it. Fingers crossed it doesn't affect your planned trip!

cheers

If rather it went in the next week (Carrs are stacked out for a week) so I can get it sorted.

Also found out that the free VW Assist doesn't have Euro cover. Dammit.

Martin said:
Matt, VW Assist does cover the majority of Europe

I will check; the RAC man said it didn't cover Europe!

Matt, you need to call VW as RAC do not always give the correct information.

Call this number: 0800 777 172 and let us know how you get on

Martin said:
Matt, you need to call VW as RAC do not always give the correct information.

Call this number: 0800 777 172 and let us know how you get on

Cheers; will do!

VW Assist does give you European breakdown cover included. Just call the number Martin has given in case of any problems whilst travelling abroad.

cheers

Have to say, the guy was fine at the job but he was clearly trying to push something we don't need. Firstly his system said our cover had expired, secondly he tried to sell us Euro cover; we clearly have it!!

The light has remained off; I called the local dealer but they'll only sort it if the light is still on despite me having an RAC report form. Hopefully it will stay off but if it pings when we are in Spain and France (a month from 2nd June) I will be seriously annoyed!

So since we bought it last January:

New steering column
New water tank gauges
Had to re-set the aircon
Bubbling paint on roof
Very uneven front tyre wear (outer edges almost worn)
This emissions issue.

There may be a case for extending the warranty even though I think "insured" warranties are a complete rip off!

KernowLad said:
Have to say, the guy was fine at the job but he was clearly trying to push something we don't need. Firstly his system said our cover had expired, secondly he tried to sell us Euro cover; we clearly have it!!

The light has remained off; I called the local dealer but they'll only sort it if the light is still on despite me having an RAC report form. Hopefully it will stay off but if it pings when we are in Spain and France (a month from 2nd June) I will be seriously annoyed!

New steering column
New water tank gauges
Had to re-set the aircon
Bubbling paint on roof
This emissions issue.

There may be a case for extending the warranty even though I think "insured" warranties are a complete rip off!

4 Motion still working though :cool

James

James said:
KernowLad said:

New steering column
New water tank gauges
Had to re-set the aircon
Bubbling paint on roof
This emissions issue.

4 Motion still working though :cool

James

Probably not... :headbang :lol:

I came online tonight to post about same issue. Light came on last week, stopped at amber. I called breeze soton who advised that unless red and if van driving ok to carry on and just get it booked in when we got back from our trip. Van going in tomorrow to see what is causing issue.
We came out of warranty this March and I will be seriously unimpressed if its anything major. Have had no end of problems with airbag light and so have limited patience for anything that isn't an easy fix - especially as is now going to cost me money!
One piece of good news for me is that breeze is opening a van centre in portsmouth which is much closer to home than Southampton. Tomorrow will hopefully be the last long trek up and and down the M27 to get Roj (Rhino Of Justice) fixed. Never ask an 8 yr old boy to name your van. :D

Think so... Not seen the actual location but know its imminent - next couple of weeks or so

Back