Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

End of an Era Configuration choices

AscotGreyCali

AscotGreyCali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Seeing the recent 6.1 configuration questions are we in the last few days of 6.1 ordering choices?

Over almost the last almost 12 months since we thought about ordering an Ocean, they’ve certainly been informative threads that I’ve enjoyed catching up on.

An end of an era

Seeing the recent 6.1 configuration questions are we in the last few days of 6.1 ordering choices?

Over almost the last almost 12 months since we thought about ordering an Ocean, they’ve certainly been informative threads that I’ve enjoyed catching up on.

An end of an era
Current offers run until 2nd April. Good chance that’ll be the end as meant to stop production on 1st June I think, so only 2 months left to build remaining orders.

An end of an era
Hopefully leaky bellows won't be one of the options for the replacement MV Cali Concept

They've been real world testing on the T6.1.
Not really tested yet as the new ones are just out, we have the new bellows but haven’t had a long enough time and been out in the rain to test them properly

It does strike me as bit odd they're stopping production with no launch date for the replacement. Unsure if this is intentional to build demand but it seems like we're some time off the launch of the new Cali?

Thought the launch date was 14th August for the California Concept, or do you mean the nugget version that folk are saying might happen but I thought VW are saying that’s a no

It does strike me as bit odd they're stopping production with no launch date for the replacement. Unsure if this is intentional to build demand but it seems like we're some time off the launch of the new Cali?

Probably focusing more on EV production / development. There is little incentive for manufacturers to build more diesels. Expect e-camper vans will follow in few years.

Probably focusing more on EV production / development. There is little incentive for manufacturers to build more diesels. Expect e-camper vans will follow in few years.
Appreciate this has been touched upon in other posts, but I've not seen anything close to a practical EV Camper ie with a range of c 300 miles or more.
I wonder if Tesla may enter this market, I wouldn't put it past Mr Musk.......

Appreciate this has been touched upon in other posts, but I've not seen anything close to a practical EV Camper ie with a range of c 300 miles or more.
I wonder if Tesla may enter this market, I wouldn't put it past Mr Musk.......

Cybertruck has a few aftermarket camping pods which go on the back, but as a vehicle it’s bit too big for UK roads…but would handle potholes well!

Current offers run until 2nd April. Good chance that’ll be the end as meant to stop production on 1st June I think, so only 2 months left to build remaining orders.
A friend of mine has just received his build slot from the dealer today as week 25 which is mid June, so looks like that production line may rumble on for a little longer?

A friend of mine has just received his build slot from the dealer today as week 25 which is mid June, so looks like that production line may rumble on for a little longer?
Model Year normally changes end of June.

Back