Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DTD email stating that Cali deals will end 30/06/23

It’s a legal requirement of the Contract Clause.
if VW want to change the agreed sale price under the VW clause, the dealer must specifically notify you in writing, within a reasonable time after the price increase will / does take affect, they also must give you the option to Cancel at no cost to yourselves.
if the dealer fails to do this they cannot apply the price increase when the van is ready To collect.
IMO dealers will not do the communications as is required and any price increase trying to be applied should be dismissed out of hand
Not quite. Excerpt from my contract:

1688113825659.png

The notice period is on the purchaser to cancel, not on the seller to issue. In real terms, the dealer should tell you about the price increase once it's happened (not before) and that gives the purchaser the option to cancel. I don't see any way the contract could be interpreted such that the dealer (or VWCV) would have to cough up the difference between the new and old RRP. In reality, it'll be a case of pay the difference and keep the contract, or get your deposit back and cancel the contract. It's a bit rubbish, but I don't see how else it could be interpreted.

if VW want to change the agreed sale price under the VW clause, the dealer must specifically notify you in writing, within a reasonable time after the price increase will / does take affect, they also must give you the option to Cancel at no cost to yourselves.
if the dealer fails to do this they cannot apply the price increase when the van is ready To collect.
IMO dealers will not do the communications as is required and any price increase trying to be applied should be dismissed out of hand
I agree. Sometimes it is best to be clear and factual. :)

I would assume this isn't dealer specific (barring dealers deciding to absorb the extra cost themselves?).

I'd be interested to know how the mechanics work, my guess is VWCV own the vehicle until sometime between entering the UK and arriving at the dealership, then the dealership pays VWCV for it and the customer pays the dealership just prior to collection? Presumably the price increase is all to do with the point the dealer pays VWCV, assuming VWCV apply the price increase instantaneously.

Can @Tomdbreeze shed any light on the process / price rises please?
Hi Guys

In terms of how this works, the vehicle consigns when the vehicle lands at UK Port. So depending how long the vehicle sits at the dealership for. If the van is there longer than 50 days before its registered the Van Centre will then pay VWCV for the vehicle. If its before the 50 Days as soon as the vehicle is registered to yourselves is when the Van Centre pay for the vehicle. Hope that makes sense??

Any Orders Placed before the 4th July will be price protected as long as the vehicle is handed over by 31 March 2024.

For anyone wanting to order a vehicle please dont hesitate to get in contact as i have to close of business on Monday to get the vehicle ordered with the factory, we are open 8.30-4 on Saturday and 10-4 Sunday.

In this case, as the price increase is relatively low, i would hope that the supplying dealer when faced with an order cancellation (and an unhappy customer), would absorb the price increase. Or am i being naive?

Any Orders Placed before the 4th July will be price protected as long as the vehicle is handed over by 31 March 2024.
Thanks Tom, useful insider knowledge. So clarify, the not insignificant number of people who have placed orders with various dealers (some direct, some via DTD or equivalents) prior to 4th July 2023 are protected against the imminent price rise, despite (in my case at least) being advised at point of ordering that the California isn't price protected?

In this case, as the price increase is relatively low, i would hope that the supplying dealer when faced with an order cancellation (and an unhappy customer), would absorb the price increase. Or am i being naive?
I would say an element of this will be down to the level of discount that would of been supplied by the dealer, as with a price increase of 1.5% on a vehicle that has a list price over £60k you are looking at an additional £900 so sometimes it isn't always possible to do that.

Thanks Tom, useful insider knowledge. So clarify, the not insignificant number of people who have placed orders with various dealers (some direct, some via DTD or equivalents) prior to 4th July 2023 are protected against the imminent price rise, despite (in my case at least) being advised at point of ordering that the California isn't price protected?
Correct! Volkswagen have changed price protection over the years and we can only advise when they release the next price increase of who is protected and who isn't.

Hi Guys

In terms of how this works, the vehicle consigns when the vehicle lands at UK Port. So depending how long the vehicle sits at the dealership for. If the van is there longer than 50 days before its registered the Van Centre will then pay VWCV for the vehicle. If its before the 50 Days as soon as the vehicle is registered to yourselves is when the Van Centre pay for the vehicle. Hope that makes sense??

For anyone wanting to order a vehicle please dont hesitate to get in contact as i have to close of business on Monday to get the vehicle ordered with the factory, we are open 8.30-4 on Saturday and 10-4 Sunday.
So let's get this clear.
You're saying Breeze will price protect orders placed before 4th July, but it is up to other dealers, depending on the discount they have given whether they will?
Is this just for new orders you take?
Do the order books for Californias finally close on the 4th July?

So let's get this clear.
You're saying Breeze will price protect orders placed before 4th July, but it is up to other dealers, depending on the discount they have given whether they will?
That's not how I read it; I read it as VWCV dictate which orders (based on order/delivery dates) are and aren't protected, not the dealer?

That's not how I read it; I read it as VWCV dictate which orders (based on order/delivery dates) are and aren't protected, not the dealer?
Correct Volkswagen this is down to Volkswagen and is across the network not just Breeze.

So let's get this clear.
Price protection is set by VWCV not the dealership. With the Evers increasing level of discount offered by DTD and even dealers there isn’t margin to then cover price protection for customers.

The order book doesn’t shut for California on the 4th July.

Hi Guys

Many thanks Tom, that is a relief.

The notice period is on the purchaser to cancel, not on the seller to issue.

you say “The notice period is on the purchaser to cancel, not on the seller to issue”

The purchaser cannot be aware of a price increase unless the Seller has made them aware of it formally in writing!
The seller cannot simply claim a higher price without giving the appropriate notice.

The Seller must, (not “should” ) advise the Buyer, in writing, of any price variation to the agreed contract value, as soon as is reasonably practicable, at which point the “Purchaser shall be entitled to give notice” , to the Seller, if they so wish.
The purchaser can only act after the Seller has notified them formally, otherwise how would the Purchaser know the price has increased ?

Once (only if) the seller has notified the Buyer of an increase to the previous settled / agreed contract sum, then the onus switches to the seller to either :
a) Cancel the contract if they will not pay the higher price notified by the seller In writing. “Buyer shall give notice
B) Do nothing & accept the higher price at hand over.(not be notified at hand over)

Agree with this, Eurovans specifically told me when I ordered that the only valid reason to get your deposit back is if VW increase price, you then have the right to cancel.

Are we not saying the same thing? Essentially the dealer says “price is up” then buyer can either accept it or ask for their deposit back and cancel.

Either way, for those with existing orders it’s apparently academic anyway as it appears the order price is being honoured

Thats not it.

If you add the sports pack it adds by default the lights & vision pack & the acoustic package with heated windscreen all within the Sports pack price.

You actually get:

18" Springfields
Black front and rear under panels
Darkened rear LED light units
Darker privacy glass than standard
Laminated front door glass
Black door mirrors
Black B pillar
Black sill extensions
Lights & vision Pack
Heated windscreen.

All for the £2640

The DTD option selector doesn't have the same functionality as the vw one and it will let you select duplicating options.

Just test the above on the VW configurator - add the sports pack & see what changes on the spec & price.
I spoke to the sales guy at Eurovans today for the first time since placing the order with DTD. I asked if the sports pack included the acoustic pack and heated windscreen and he initially said no it doesn't and it wasn't until I mentioned what you said and the VW configurator says that he went away to double check. He came back a few minutes later and confirmed everything you listed.

I am so pleased that you mentioned this otherwise I could have ticked the box on DTD and could have paid £528 more, so that's a big thank you from me:thanks

Back