Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DTD email stating that Cali deals will end 30/06/23

I think option 12 has been stopped (shower) is no longer on the VW configurator

We decided against ordering the power sliding door as it’s really noisy. Didn’t think it would be nice leaving the van to use toilet at night as would wake everyone up. Our manual door is dead easy as the power latching does all the work - it’s virtually no effort to close it.

We decided against ordering the power sliding door as it’s really noisy. Didn’t think it would be nice is leaving the van to use toilet at night as would wake everyone up. Our manual door is dead easy as the power latching does all the work - it’s virtually no effort to close it.
I thought I’d read somewhere that the later models are either much quieter or don’t bleep as much.

I thought I’d read somewhere that the later models are either much quieter or don’t bleep as much.
You may be right, I don’t know if they’ve changed. The ones we looked at would never have worked for us.

We have the acoustic package. The glass is thicker in the front side windows, but if I’m honest I’ve no idea how much difference it really makes. I believe it has extra sound deadening too. It’s definitely quiet a plush feeling inside.

We also have factory fitted mudflaps. I like these a lot as they’re fitted very neatly from the factory. Think they look better on darker vans though as less contrast against the finish. Our van is starlight so it’s black against almost black.

I would choose Ascot grey with the sport pack. They are made for each other. Chances are the 204 will retain better value vs the 150. Drive one and see if it makes much difference to you, especially when overtaking. I would also include the 235 tyres if not standard on the Ocean.

We also have factory fitted mudflaps. I like these a lot as they’re fitted very neatly from the factory. Think they look better on darker vans though as less contrast against the finish. Our van is starlight so it’s black against almost black.
They probably save a lot of the dirt that gets sucked back onto the tailgate in the wet.

I would choose Ascot grey with the sport pack. They are made for each other. Chances are the 204 will retain better value vs the 150. Drive one and see if it makes much difference to you, especially when overtaking. I would also include the 235 tyres if not standard on the Ocean.
I second the 235 tyres - an absolute must have for us.

Do you realise that in your first one item 14 comes included as part of 15 so you shouldn't be paying for it & it will come on the 150 van as well.
Search threads for bed extension with sleeping mat - it is actually only the mat that you get.
I have & hate the high beam assist.
Not sure that the sports pack shows up well on Indium grey. it contrasts well on the Ascot grey.
Tow bar is worth having as a factory fit.
Roof storage net is naff but the extra draw is brilliant.
I didn’t know that the heated windscreen came part of the sports pack, there’s no mention of this in the VW Cali brochure. Saves £500 if it does though:thumb

Is it just the comfort mattress you get then and comes with the extension as std? I’ve read other people prefer other mattress options.

I wish they did another colour between reflex silver and indium grey. I know mojave is sort of in between shade wise but not 100% sure on colour although looks great in some lights.

The Cali that we hired had a tailgate bike rack which was a bit of a pain with our two bikes on as you can’t lift it but some tow bar bike racks you can move out the way of the tailgate to open it. That is the only reason why I put it on the options list. Seems expensive for a tow bar though.

I know the Cali is heavy so expected it to be a bit wallowy around the corners so thought the DDC would help in the corners a bit. Has anyone got this option?

The wooden floor looks nice in photos and videos but the lady we rented from said that she would be concerned about dents in it from stones on shoes etc. Obviously renting is different and you’ve got to think about things like this but on your own Cali you’d be more careful. What’s peoples thoughts on this?

Can I ask peoples opinions on the options list as the Cali we rented didn't have many options on it so not sure if some are worth ticking if we ordered one.

I‘ve spec’d two different models.

First is the 204 Ocean with the following options.

1. Metallic - Indium grey
  2. Art velours microfleece - Titanium black/Palladium + seat centre section with seat bolsters in leather
  3. Traffic sign recognition
  4. Discover media pro navigation system including streaming and internet
  5. Driving profile selection "Drive Select" and Adaptive Chassis Control DCC with dynamic chassis
  6. Front and rear mud flaps
  7. High beam assist
  8. Power sliding door on the right in passenger compartment
  9. Removable/lockable towbar includes trailer stabilisation
  10. Storage net in roof bed access opening 2nd drawer in bench seat instead of load through hatch
  11. Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat
  12. Kitchen cupboard in graphite grey slate effect with outdoor shower connection
  13. Floor covering in wood effect
  14. Acoustic package with heated windscreen - California
  15. Sports pack - California

Second is the 150 Ocean with the following options.

1. Solid - Ascot grey
  2. Art velours microfleece - Titanium black/Palladium + seat centre section with seat bolsters in leather
  3. Discover media pro navigation system including streaming and internet
  4. High beam assist
  5. Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat
  6. Sports pack - California

There‘s quite a difference in price between the two. The first with discount £77,700 and the second £69,616. The first one is all the options I would ideally want if we ended up keeping it for a while and the second is the safer option (depreciation wise) if we decided it wasn’t for us and wanted to sell it.
Most of the first spec is more or less std. The bits I would remove are:
6 - Buy your own. The low profile ones look great and 25 quid.
8 - A noisy PITA
12 - We have this. Never used the shower.

Rest we have and glad we do apart from those that are more about your personal taste (sports, seats etc) so will not comment. 204 vs 150 debate. We have the 204. It’s great but if anything a little much. The 150 is probably better suited to the van.

Prob wish we got the tow-bar for future ease but you can do aftermarket.

Get the spec you want. Work out how much extra it is a month, rather than the overall cost. You will find if you take a few bits off it’s not that much really.

We have the wood floor. Love them. No dents but then I dont use a hammer on them! The DCC IMHO is overkill. Someone will disagree.

Last edited:
I didn’t know that the heated windscreen came part of the sports pack, there’s no mention of this in the VW Cali brochure. Saves £500 if it does though:thumb
I don't think it has heated windscreen and acoustic pack as part of the Sports Pack. According to the brochure you get:
18" Springfields
Black front and rear under panels
Darkened rear LED light units
Privacy glass

Thats it.

The wooden floor looks nice in photos and videos but the lady we rented from said that she would be concerned about dents in it from stones on shoes etc. Obviously renting is different and you’ve got to think about things like this but on your own Cali you’d be more careful. What’s peoples thoughts on this?
Don't worry about it. The wood effect floor is super tough. I have had sippy cups, bottles etc fall on it from height and not even a mark. I also enforce a shoes off policy in the rear.

I would choose Ascot grey with the sport pack. ....... I would also include the 235 tyres if not standard on the Ocean.
If he's got the sports pack it will come on 18" wheels with 255 tyres

I don't think it has heated windscreen and acoustic pack as part of the Sports Pack. According to the brochure you get:
18" Springfields
Privacy glass

Thats it.

Thats not it.

If you add the sports pack it adds by default the lights & vision pack & the acoustic package with heated windscreen all within the Sports pack price.

You actually get:

18" Springfields
Darker privacy glass than standard
Laminated front door glass
Black door mirrors
Black B pillar
Black sill extensions
Lights & vision Pack
Heated windscreen.

All for the £2640

The DTD option selector doesn't have the same functionality as the vw one and it will let you select duplicating options.

Just test the above on the VW configurator - add the sports pack & see what changes on the spec & price.

Most of the first spec is more or less std. The bits I would remove are:
6 - Buy your own. The low profile ones look great and 25 quid.
8 - A noisy PITA
12 - We have this. Never used the shower.

Rest we have and glad we do apart from those that are more about your personal taste (sports, seats etc) so will not comment. 204 vs 150 debate. We have the 204. It’s great but if anything a little much. The 150 is probably better suited to the van.

Prob wish we got the tow-bar for future ease but you can do aftermarket.

Get the spec you want. Work out how much extra it is a month, rather than the overall cost. You will find if you take a few bits off it’s not that much really.

We have the wood floor. Love them. No dents but then I dont use a hammer on them! The DCC IMHO is overkill. Someone will disagree.
All the spec listed down are cost options around £10500 worth. Went on the vw config again and the factory fit mud flaps were removed with the sport pack,.

I’ve only driven the 150 which was perfectly adequate but you can never have too much power so would prefer the 204.

With the current interest rates at 7.5% with vw, I would prefer to buy outright but get what you mean if paying monthly you don‘t notice it as much.

Wood floor a good option then :thumb

Thats not it.

If you add the sports pack it adds by default the lights & vision pack & the acoustic package with heated windscreen all within the Sports pack price.

You actually get:

18" Springfields
Darker privacy glass than standard
Laminated front door glass
Black door mirrors
Black B pillar
Black sill extensions
Lights & vision Pack
Heated windscreen.

All for the £2640

The DTD option selector doesn't have the same functionality as the vw one and it will let you select duplicating options.

Just test the above on the VW configurator - add the sports pack & see what changes on the spec & price.
Strange something so big would not be included on the brochure
1606229411481.png

Strange something so big would not be included on the brochure

It might be strange, but if you use the VW configurator it all becomes clear.

My van has the sports pack on it & there's a big fat zero in the cost column against the heated screen, acoustic pack & lights & vision pack on the invoice.

It might be strange, but if you use the VW configurator it all becomes clear.

My van has the sports pack on it & there's a big fat zero in the cost column against the heated screen, acoustic pack & lights & vision pack on the invoice.
It also says additional costs may apply.... whatever that means

It also says additional costs may apply.... whatever that means
Try the configurator - select the heated screen first note the vehicle summary - then add the sports pack, the total goes up by £2112.
Or select sports pack first & the screen gets added at no additional cost........

If I placed an order with DTD does anyone know how long I’ll have to change any options either adding or taking away, and also changing colour?

Did I see or read somewhere that there was an option to extend the warranty period? Can’t see this in the vw config.

If I placed an order with DTD does anyone know how long I’ll have to change any options either adding or taking away, and also changing colour?

Did I see or read somewhere that there was an option to extend the warranty period? Can’t see this in the vw config.
From other postings the period for option changes varies considerably. I had almost 6 months but others lost the ability over a few weeks. Currently with faster build times I would guess not that long.

The 2year warranty extension up to 5 years should be easily added in by the supplying dealer. Last October it cost me £478.00. You should check this with the dealer once known.

Last edited:
Until it moves to status 20 which I believe is when they reserve the parts. In my recent case that was about 3 weeks.

Back