Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DTD email stating that Cali deals will end 30/06/23

Just an alternative for you, I think the ArtVelors are a bit expensive, these guys can knock up a high quality set of leather second skins in whatever colours you choose for about £800. Few pictures of Calis on their facebook page if of interest.

Shower connection can be retrofitted if required. :thumb

How long is the current lead time?

Wonder if I order now could I request a 2024 delivery and registration.

How long is the current lead time?

Wonder if I order now could I request a 2024 delivery and registration.
I ordered a 150PS on the 28th April, expecting delivery mid-July so just under 3 months.

Not just new orders , if VW have there way with the Price increase contract clause, thats will be the new price for all Calis delivered after that date, regardless of the agreed Dealer sale price !
My dealer gave a price protection for 12 months on the agreed deal. He even put it in writing for me in an email. Just need to ask at the point of order.

Just on the vw config now and in the standard spec it says "Bed Extension with mattress, including 2 storage compartments"
Does this mean it comes with a thinner mattress as standard, and what are the 2 storage compartments?

Just on the vw config now and in the standard spec it says "Bed Extension with mattress, including 2 storage compartments"
Does this mean it comes with a thinner mattress as standard, and what are the 2 storage compartments?
It comes with just a pad that covers the rear shelf only, the rest of the bed you are laying direct on the flattened seat back/base. I don't think anyone has ever found the 2 storage compartments!

Just a consideration on the media/satnav. TomTom Go costs £29 per annumfor a family subscription. This can be loaded onto multiple devices, and the maps are kept continuously up to date, and it includes live traffic. With the app connect or its Android equivalent, navigation can be displayed on the central screen. If I remember correctly the satellite navigation option is hundreds of pounds!

Just a consideration on the media/satnav. TomTom Go costs £29 per annumfor a family subscription. This can be loaded onto multiple devices, and the maps are kept continuously up to date, and it includes live traffic. With the app connect or its Android equivalent, navigation can be displayed on the central screen. If I remember correctly the satellite navigation option is hundreds of pounds!
The ocean comes with VW sat nav as standard, the pro version gives you an even bigger screen to display either the vw nav or your TomTom nav on.

It comes with just a pad that covers the rear shelf only, the rest of the bed you are laying direct on the flattened seat back/base. I don't think anyone has ever found the 2 storage compartments!

You don't think the "2 storage compartments" are literally just the space above and below the boot divider?!

You don't think the "2 storage compartments" are literally just the space above and below the boot divider?!
You could well be right, I never thought of that.

Order now placed with DTD and was told that the dealer will contact me tomorrow.

What have I done :Nailbiting
Were you able to delay delivery to 2024? Otherwise, at the current rate of UK deliveries, you might see it early autumn.

Something magnificent . . . come on, spill the details, what's the spec? :cool:
This is the spec ordered through DTD but will await and see what the dealer says about the options as I've added the shower knowing that it's no longer on the configurater.

1. Ascot grey
  2. Art velours microfleece - Titanium black/Palladium + seat centre section with seat bolsters in leather
  3. Traffic sign recognition
  4. Discover media pro navigation system including streaming and internet
  5. Driving profile selection "Drive Select" and Adaptive Chassis Control DCC with dynamic chassis
  6. High beam assist
  7. Power sliding door on the right in passenger compartment
  8. Removable/lockable towbar includes trailer stabilisation
  9. Storage net in roof bed access opening 2nd drawer in bench seat instead of load through hatch
  10. Kitchen cupboard in graphite grey slate effect with outdoor shower connection
  11. Floor covering in wood effect
  12. Sports pack - California
New Cali.png

Of those who currently have a Cali on order and are awaiting delivery (some of us imminent) has anyone had it confirmed that they won’t be hit by this price rise next week? EuroVans weren’t conclusive when @RockinNRollin enquired this week but the DtD email seems definitive. I’m thinking of phoning VW direct for confirmation.

Of those who currently have a Cali on order and are awaiting delivery (some of us imminent) has anyone had it confirmed that they won’t be hit by this price rise next week? EuroVans weren’t conclusive when @RockinNRollin enquired this week but the DtD email seems definitive. I’m thinking of phoning VW direct for confirmation.

Our new van is currently at Grimsby, we were told yesterday by our VW dealer that the price increase wouldn’t apply to us.

This is the spec ordered through DTD but will await and see what the dealer says about the options as I've added the shower knowing that it's no longer on the configurater.

1. Ascot grey
  2. Art velours microfleece - Titanium black/Palladium + seat centre section with seat bolsters in leather
  3. Traffic sign recognition
  4. Discover media pro navigation system including streaming and internet
  5. Driving profile selection "Drive Select" and Adaptive Chassis Control DCC with dynamic chassis
  6. High beam assist
  7. Power sliding door on the right in passenger compartment
  8. Removable/lockable towbar includes trailer stabilisation
  9. Storage net in roof bed access opening 2nd drawer in bench seat instead of load through hatch
  10. Kitchen cupboard in graphite grey slate effect with outdoor shower connection
  11. Floor covering in wood effect
  12. Sports pack - California
View attachment 110421
I was at our VW dealer yesterday and mentioned the outdoor shower. It was still available as an option on their system if they were putting an order in. But it is missing off the VW website configurator.

I would assume this isn't dealer specific (barring dealers deciding to absorb the extra cost themselves?).

I'd be interested to know how the mechanics work, my guess is VWCV own the vehicle until sometime between entering the UK and arriving at the dealership, then the dealership pays VWCV for it and the customer pays the dealership just prior to collection? Presumably the price increase is all to do with the point the dealer pays VWCV, assuming VWCV apply the price increase instantaneously.

Can @Tomdbreeze shed any light on the process / price rises please?

Last edited:
No, it won’t be dealer specific. Just curious really and potentially useful in discussions with DtD and EuroVans.

You would also assume they should give some notice of price increases. EV haven mentioned any increase to me, I only know about them from this forum. It’s pretty poor customer service if you only get told of an increase at the point of collection/payment.

Anyway, I’m catastrophising. I’m sure it’ll be fine!

You would also assume they should give some notice of price increases.
It’s a legal requirement of the Contract Clause.
if VW want to change the agreed sale price under the VW clause, the dealer must specifically notify you in writing, within a reasonable time after the price increase will / does take affect, they also must give you the option to Cancel at no cost to yourselves.
if the dealer fails to do this they cannot apply the price increase when the van is ready To collect.
IMO dealers will not do the communications as is required and any price increase trying to be applied should be dismissed out of hand

Back