Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Engine choices

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Just noticed on the VW Configurator that the 3 engine choices are now shown as ‘price unavailable’. Anybody know why? Is VW changing the available options and/or pricing? I’ll keep watching as my T6.1 Ocean MY21 is already in order.

I noticed the VW Configurator isn't working too. Annoying because i'm trying to get a build code for the dealer.

I noticed the VW Configurator isn't working too. Annoying because i'm trying to get a build code for the dealer.
Go through the DrivetheDeal configurator. Great discount too.

Go through the DrivetheDeal configurator. Great discount too.
I hope "Drive the Deal" sponsor the forum, because they sure get a lot of free publicity.
Yes it's a good thing in one way, because it helps people get great discounts.
I'm a little bit concerned though we could end up with only a couple of dealers who seem prepared to slash their margins to gain market share, while lots of the others give up their franchise arrangements for Californias
This would make make backup servicing a lot more difficult. I don't want to end up with an Amazon type situation.
It's going to hit the residual values of nearly new Californias, but then again, perhaps this unprecedented demand for campervans will continue!

I hope "Drive the Deal" sponsor the forum, because they sure get a lot of free publicity.
Yes it's a good thing in one way, because it helps people get great discounts.
I'm a little bit concerned though we could end up with only a couple of dealers who seem prepared to slash their margins to gain market share, while lots of the others give up their franchise arrangements for Californias
This would make make backup servicing a lot more difficult. I don't want to end up with an Amazon type situation.
It's going to hit the residual values of nearly new Californias, but then again, perhaps this unprecedented demand for campervans will continue!

I think like most people you don't want to leave extra money on the table in any deal but there comes a point where the unknown supplier etc outways the last few pounds of discount.
Breeze Poole got very close to DTD so they have my order.

I think like most people you don't want to leave extra money on the table in any deal but there comes a point where the unknown supplier etc outways the last few pounds of discount.
Breeze Poole got very close to DTD so they have my order.
Breeze seem to have a great reputation with many on this forum. Unfortunately a dealership near me could not get, by many thousands of pounds, anywhere close to the DTD quotation so my business went to the VW dealer that they came up with (Under their T&C’s I can’t disclose the dealer).

Breeze seem to have a great reputation with many on this forum. Unfortunately a dealership near me could not get, by many thousands of pounds, anywhere close to the DTD quotation so my business went to the VW dealer that they came up with (Under their T&C’s I can’t disclose the dealer).
Was the dealer whom could not match the DTD deal part of City gate by any chance ?

Can’t possibly say :)

Driving a slow car fast is somehow better than
driving a fast car fast. :Stig

On that basis you should go for an engine output of the old T4 - 84 ps.

Not for a camper though :)

A dealer like McDonald's restaurants. You use them because they are there but you come away feeling unsatisfied. Not sure I'll be returning
My vw dealer was brilliant ....
my local Mc ds is crap really crap ....
But kfc next door is even worse

Back