Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Engine noise intrusion

TrevorH

TrevorH

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I don’t think I am imagining it but I must say that I do think that the diesel noise on my T6.1 Ocean is more intrusive into the cabin than on my previous T6 Beach . I even think ( dare I say it ) that the 6.1 is noisier than a Transit Tourneo that I regularly drive
Does anyone else have this experience ?

I don’t think I am imagining it but I must say that I do think that the diesel noise on my T6.1 Ocean is more intrusive into the cabin than on my previous T6 Beach . I even think ( dare I say it ) that the 6.1 is noisier than a Transit Tourneo that I regularly drive
Does anyone else have this experience ?
Is there sound proofing under the bonnet? Maybe it's missing

Sound proofing in place OK. Essentially an issue in town rather than the open road but does irritate a bit . I find myself wondering about what is different with the 6.1 and/ or whether there have been any cost saving cutbacks.
One thing that doesn’t seem to happen is lots of noise associated with regen which was like a hovercraft on my T6.

You could try improving the sound deadening your self. I sound proofed both doors recently with dodomat, mainly to reduce vibration when arjuna deep essentials is on full blast. Made a big difference. I thinknits possible to improve the bonnet deadening aswell. Does the engine have an undertray? There should also be deadening on that,as there is on my t6. Also worth getting the exhaust tunnel looked at. Other than trying another van for comparison I'd try improve it myself

You could try improving the sound deadening your self. I sound proofed both doors recently with dodomat, mainly to reduce vibration when arjuna deep essentials is on full blast. Made a big difference. I thinknits possible to improve the bonnet deadening aswell. Does the engine have an undertray? There should also be deadening on that,as there is on my t6. Also worth getting the exhaust tunnel looked at. Other than trying another van for comparison I'd try improve it myself
Thanks for ideas . There is an undertray but not sure if deadening there . Can’t imagine any different to other 6.1s but I’d be curious to try another or hear others’ thoughts

Sound proofing in place OK. Essentially an issue in town rather than the open road but does irritate a bit . I find myself wondering about what is different with the 6.1 and/ or whether there have been any cost saving cutbacks.
One thing that doesn’t seem to happen is lots of noise associated with regen which was like a hovercraft on my T6.
That doesn't sound right, My 2014 SE was quiet, the 199 Ocean was quieter & current 204 Ocean is quieter still. Ok the current one has laminated cab glass but that appears to cut wind rather than engine noise.

I wonder if you have a missing/badly fitted grommet somewhere on the bulkhead between the cab & engine bay.

Window open in town?

Back