Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Engine stalled

Morganic

Morganic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
This morning on negotiating a roundabout my Cali engine stalled. Did not start when I dipped clutch. Had to start it with key. It’s done it once before a couple of years back. Any ideas what it might be or was it just my bad driving technique?
Very hard to steer with no engine power!!!!

This morning on negotiating a roundabout my Cali engine stalled. Did not start when I dipped clutch. Had to start it with key. It’s done it once before a couple of years back. Any ideas what it might be or was it just my bad driving technique?
Very hard to steer with no engine power!!!!
Yes I think it’s down to letting the revs drop too low in a higher gear.Its happened to me a couple of times. I know it’s my own fault but it’s a bit scary when the engine stops and you’ve got no brakes and it feels like you are steering a challenger tank...

Yes that’s my thoughts. My tractor is easier to steer!

Good afternoon,

That happened to me a few times (not that often I haste to say ;) ). Each time I did let the revs drop to low.

Standing on a junction or roundabout or other awkward place and can't drive on is scary. The ignition has to be switched of completely, give a moment and just start as normal. Even though it takes only a few seconds, it certainly feels longer if you are on a junction....:confused:

But it was my fault, not from the camper.

Happy California,
Eberhard

Yes I think it was my fault. Thanks.

Back