Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

enjoy the rain!

A

andrew bazeley

VIP Member
I dare say others have thought of this little trick. Most of you have no doubt got the knack of dropping one of the awning legs in heavy rain, so the water runs off (some of you may be a nerd like me, and like to angle tIMG_1045.JPGhe awning so it is parallel with the pop-up roof!). But a few years ago I hit upon the idea of not wasting that lovely stream of natural water, and put a bowl with washing-up liquid at the base. After a decent downpour, you're ready to wash up. I guess you could also use it to wash yourself!

I dare say others have thought of this little trick. Most of you have no doubt got the knack of dropping one of the awning legs in heavy rain, so the water runs off (some of you may be a nerd like me, and like to angle tView attachment 45820he awning so it is parallel with the pop-up roof!). But a few years ago I hit upon the idea of not wasting that lovely stream of natural water, and put a bowl with washing-up liquid at the base. After a decent downpour, you're ready to wash up. I guess you could also use it to wash yourself!
Yep, done this. Anything to save water. Washed the pots, me, the dog, dirty boots, clothes, dowsed campfires, extinguished charcoal for reuse, filled the fire bucket & dog drinking bowl, flush for the portaloo.

We have an Ortlieb foldaway bowl too. Spooky!!!

I’ve not lined the awning up with the roof though.

Good idea - especially the water saving !

I wouldn't be able to eat my coco pops happily knowing that the bowl had
been washed with water harvested from my bird sh1t stained awning.

Just saying :eek:

Just think of it as a prerinse! Then you can do the actual washing up using very little hot water and washing up liquid. Actually if it's raining I just put mine out in the rain to prerinse.

Just think of it as a prerinse! Then you can do the actual washing up using very little hot water and washing up liquid. Actually if it's raining I just put mine out in the rain to prerinse.
Me too. :D Makes life so much easier.

I wouldn't be able to eat my coco pops happily knowing that the bowl had
been washed with water harvested from my bird sh1t stained awning.

Just saying :eek:
Just make sure it’s boiled or rinse in a little boiled water. Or you could always wash the poop off your awning. :thumb

Back