Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Enjoying the NC500

Thanks for sharing your journey Mullaghroe looks like you're having a fabulous time. We are setting to do the same trip on 18th May so the tips and 'must see's' are really valuable. Have to say i am cautious about how welcome we will be made to feel by the locals, there are so many negative comments on here and social media, it is making me think twice. But i will always try something once, and if they are as unwelcoming as people say, then i will spend my cash in Europe in the future. Please keep sharing your trip highlights.

If you plan to eat at the Applecross Inn ensure to book - saw a few turned away the weekend we were there
Agree - Applecross Inn gets packed. There’s a hot food van opposite, also run by the pub. Other place to consider is the Walled Garden cafe - very nice food there !

Thanks for sharing your journey Mullaghroe looks like you're having a fabulous time. We are setting to do the same trip on 18th May so the tips and 'must see's' are really valuable. Have to say i am cautious about how welcome we will be made to feel by the locals, there are so many negative comments on here and social media, it is making me think twice. But i will always try something once, and if they are as unwelcoming as people say, then i will spend my cash in Europe in the future. Please keep sharing your trip highlights.
On our homeward journey now, and spent 3 weeks in north highlands- welcomed everywhere!

Wednesday was Shore Beach at Achmelvich, (sadly chip shop not open), followed by Broomfield in Ullapool, (Seafood Shack langoustines mmm, live music in the Arch), Gairloch Holiday Park, (top facilities, nice museum), and currently in Applecross and planning to stay 2 nights.
We stayed in Gairloch and Applecross as well. Gairloch certainly our favourite!

Agree - Applecross Inn gets packed. There’s a hot food van opposite, also run by the pub. Other place to consider is the Walled Garden cafe - very nice food there !
Yes walled garden cafe very good, been there via mountwin bike a couple times adter cycling the coffin path from north

We’re in Gairloch at the moment, at the Sands Caravan Park and off to Ullapool tomorrow. Been here, in Scotland, nearly two weeks and we are having a great time. Even the weather has been kind, despite the ominous weather forecasts. There are more no camping signs by the road than we have seen before but not a problem for us as we always use campsites. Some places are busy though and it’s wise to book ahead if you can.

View attachment 107975

Been here before (2017 and 2019) and noticed a hefty increase in NO OVERNIGHT PARKING signs. This is quite understandable if all the stories about the high season are true (and I don't doubt they are).

View attachment 107976
In that post lockdown staycation period and the issues caused there were many landowners and locals that made changes, fences moved, gates and signs. Sad really but get off the beaten track and no issues.

In that post lockdown staycation period and the issues caused there were many landowners and locals that made changes, fences moved, gates and signs. Sad really but get off the beaten track and no issues.
Or come play in the cairngorms