entering way points on VW sat nav

greenfintry

greenfintry

Cometh the van cometh the hour
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the level of ignorance, but I am looking to put in some POI's etc into my 2011 Cali which has the built in sat nav unit..... But i have looked at a couple of sites and I am not sure what format the downloads should be and if it is just a question of putting them on an SD card and sticking it in the sat nav unit? The handbook is pretty vague and I dont want to wipe the maps by mistake.... Any links etc most welcome!

posting.php?mode=post&f=46#

In the downloads section there is a document 'Add Camera Database RNS510' this is how I added C&CC site POIs to my RNS. POIs have to be in .asc file format as below.

"long","lat","Name","Country","Region","Town","Street","Street #","Phone #",,,
-1.165351,50.666893,"Adgestone Club Site",,"PO36 0HL","Sandown",,,"+441983 403432",,,

In this format the phone number is dialable if you have bluetooth fitted.

Icons have to be .png format 34 × 39 pixels

PM me an email address & I'll send you my C&C Club asc file & you can use it as a template.

It is also possible to add destinations in .vcf format. I have family details in this format.

Sorry for the huge delay in thanking you for the offer.... lots of life getting in the way of these sorts of things at the moment.

I will take you up on your kind offer but it may be a little while before I get a chance... :thanks

Back