Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Euro cable?

D

Dan

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi all. I'm just looking at ordering a few essentials for the van when it arrives - mats, seat covers etc. I've been looking at the handover list in the download section on here and it lists a "euro cable". Can anyone enlighten me on what this is? I was assuming it was a hook up lead but as that's included in the starter kit I'm guessing it's not that?! Thanks in advance.

Wow that was a fast reply. Do you mean the lead that runs from the campsite to the van? I thought that was 3 pin? Also, isn't that included in the starter kit? Is the starter kit one longer?

Adapter to plug into the Hook-up lead to connect to Continental style 2 pin sockets. Many European sites still use this type of connection. My 2014 California SE came with one as standard. I just bought the UK, 3 pin plug adapter so that I could plug in at home.:thumb

Ok great. Thanks for the quick reply.

You should find it in the van when you get it
Mine was in the cutlery drawer along with the roof tie down straps, and rear seat table holder.

Wow that was a fast reply. Do you mean the lead that runs from the campsite to the van? I thought that was 3 pin? Also, isn't that included in the starter kit? Is the starter kit one longer?

A lot of continental campsites still use a 2 pin connection rather than the three pin that is standard in the UK and now almost standard in Northern Europe and France.

VW therefore provide a 2 pin to three pin adaptor. I have used mine once. A municipal site in Normandy.

Well, it was supposed to be a municipal site but quite frankly I had to check my GPS locator to make sure that I wasn't in the Calais Jungle :sad

Thank goodness it wasn't there on D Day, it would have screwed up 6th Airborne's assault on Pegasus bridge more than a division of SS Panzers could ever have done :shocked

I've found some camp sites which are swaping to the 3 pin one, but some pitches has still 2 pin connector.

I think it doesn't hurt bring an adaptor just in case. in my case, becase my Cali is Spanish, I had to do the other way round.

Don't forget also an adaptor for the internal socket, just in case you need to borrow a hairdresser or something similar.

Does the hook up lead and Euro adapter come with the Van as standard? Or is that an extra?

Does the hook up lead and Euro adapter come with the Van as standard? Or is that an extra?
The Euro Adapter should come with the Vehicle - it did on the T5 variants SE and Beach with Mains.

You DO NOT get the Hook-up lead. You will also NOT get the UK Extension lead - as above but with UK 3 pin plug so that you can plug into your domestic socket at home.
Both available in Forum Shop.

Back