Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Euro Number Plate after 31st October

CaliforniaBen

CaliforniaBen

VIP Member
I have Euro number plates on my Cali and I will be out in Spain after the 31st, am I best of replacing these with ones without the Euro Flag?

1566318219333.png

I'm traveling back to uk on the 4th November, I am worried about coming back to UK through customs with my continental quilt? Could this be siezed?

Oh yes, Border Staff will be on the look out for any sign of Europe/Continental allegencies

It seems French letters, Belgian buns, Danish Pastries, German Mustard and Dutch caps are all prohibited items in the brave new Britain.
OMG what about Swiss chocolate. A non EU product going through the EU into another non EU country. There are going to be tantrums

A Brexit Boost for the Registration Plate industry though? No export opportunities though.

I'm traveling back to uk on the 4th November, I am worried about coming back to UK through customs with my continental quilt? Could this be siezed?
Just re-Christen it as an Eiderdown. You'll be fine. Go through the Red lane though, just in case.

Me too. And if someone tells me I have to - I won't. - Presumably there is central government funding to cover the cost of new numberplates for all anyway.

It seems that having GB on your number plate won’t suffice: you need a sticker (but it doesn’t say what size).

Also they’ve removed the EU symbol from the allowable list of symbols on UK plates.

Back to the 70s for us Brits then! I’ll have to get my chrome hub caps and brown vinyl roof to match

Seriously, I doubt anyone is going to worry too much about this given the number of pirate symbols, football clubs and various other emblems.

I’m fine with Europe, fine with the EU and now in my 3rd VW camper, many great trips to the continent have reinforced that.

I suspect many Cali owners will defiantly and proudly continue to display the EU identifier until they start arresting us... if anything to not be associated with current embarrassing events.