Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Plug socket

L

Lorri

T6 204 Ocean
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi. We've purchased a Cali plug adapter to use in the "2 pin euro" socket just behind passenger seat.
It doesnt seem too want to fit - unless propped up with a stick at exactly 90deg ? ?
Have checked it with a meter and all seems ok until you let go and it looses power.
Is there a particular make/model we should have purchased.

A std Euro two pin will not fit properly, you should use a hexagon type and make sure its fully pushed in. No need for props.

I made up an extension lead with a European 2-pin plug (the moulded-on 'flat' type) on one end and a two-gang UK socket on the other.

[EDIT] Jabbewocky beat me to it. And I should have said "moulded-on flat type hexagonal" or similar. I'll try to find a picture and post it.

Here is one (from Farnell):
CN0640406-40.jpg

http://cpc.farnell.com/unbranded/ec...CPC-GEN-SHOPPING-UNBRANDED-Connectors-CN06404

And this one is re-wireable rather than moulded on, so just the job.

Also, I assume you're aware that the socket has a 150w appliance limit, as it works though an inverter off the 12v leisure batteries?

And for that reason you should always pull the plug out after use or it will continue to draw down the battery.

A std Euro two pin will not fit properly, you should use a hexagon type and make sure its fully pushed in. No need for props.
The one we purchased gives you three choices of plug pins. Will look on Shop website for the Hexagon type you suggest. :thumb

Also, I assume you're aware that the socket has a 150w appliance limit, as it works though an inverter off the 12v leisure batteries?

And for that reason you should always pull the plug out after use or it will continue to draw down the battery.
Yes was aware of limit :thumb
It's as tho pins are not long enough - we did purchase thru Shop website. :thanks

Thank you Jabberwocky and Thelma's Dad. We've purchased new plug and it stays put in the socket, and wired it up to a lead.
:thumb

Thank you Jabberwocky and Thelma's Dad. We've purchased new plug and it stays put in the socket, and wired it up to a lead.
:thumb

I would advise not to plug it in while not in use , when something is plugged in the inverter socket the inverter "uses" power even if the electric divice is not on or not charging (phone) .
In the end it can drain your battery's.