SusiBus

SusiBus

2-pedal power Peppa Pig trike
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
As posted by Zeratul from Belgium under another thread:

"I have read that any new car sold in Europe should comply to EURO6 from September 2015 onwards. Given that none of the Cali engines are EURO6 at the moment, if VW doesn't have an updated engine by then, they can no longer deliver T5's."

Does anyone have any information on this subject?

VW Group have plenty of EU6 engines they could drop in at any time so they are either holding back because of T6 launch,extra profit opportunitie on the old engines or lastly the new rule on emissions doesn't effect commercial vehicles or campers at this stage.Not many cars left being sold which are EU5. best thing is to buy now as EU6 engines are very complex,weigh more and need add blue.

I spoke to VW about this the other day, they are all ready with Euro 6 on their engines, but will hold off as long as possible as there will be a price increase when they implement the Euro6 technology. It will come with the T6, but not across the board :thumb

I should be getting a statement from VW Belgium about this this week.

They will no longer be able to sell the Beach after sep 1 and the T6 Cali won't be ready until 2017/18 at the earliest so an engine update is very likely.

I also expect a price increase, but a lower consumption could mean you may earn it back.

zeratul said:

They will no longer be able to sell the Beach after sep 1 and the T6 Cali won't be ready until 2017/18 at the earliest so an engine update is very likely.

I also expect a price increase, but a lower consumption could mean you may earn it back.

That is correct, i spoke to dealer on Thursday and T6 California will not release until at least late 2016

Got answer from VW. News on the new engines is to be expected in may 2015. It might be part of model year 2016, which will be on the market june/july 2015.
Still unconfirmed that there will be an update.

pfiges said:
zeratul said:

That is correct, i spoke to dealer on Thursday and T6 California will not release until at least late 2016

If the T6 is Oct 15 and Cali late 2016 that means the Cali factory out of production for a year? Doesn't seem right.

Several threads on the French forum mention dealers no longer taking orders for Cali's due to new model (T6?) expected in autumn this year.

The Cali has also disappeared from the configurator here...

I can see EURO6 being part of the 16 model year and therefore available in late spring.

The T6 though is obviously a bigger deal for manufacturing. I wonder if they are thinking that they can introduce the variants of the T6 in a staggered fashion, vans first, the pickup and then the Cali. Maybe they'll move T5 production to Brazil for the Cali!

2CV67 said:
Several threads on the French forum mention dealers no longer taking orders for Cali's due to new model (T6?) expected in autumn this year.

Interesting. Can you point us to one of those threads?

I am close to taking a decision on whether to order now or wait, the offer now has a 15% list price reduction.
Price is expected to go up.

2CV67 said:

Sounds exciting and glad we have held off on ordering!

treecity said:
2CV67 said:

For every rumour there's a another rumour which states something completely different.

Take your pick ;)

reserves said:
treecity said:
2CV67 said:

For every rumour there's a another rumour which states something completely different.

Take your pick ;)

True, true!

However, there is a lot of talk and a lot of rumours now... something is definitely happening.

2CV67 said:
Thank you!

Really strange. Last sunday, I got an offer from a dealer for a 4motion beach 140 with expected delivery date (if I would have ordered that day) April 13th! Less than 3 months.
It probably will take time to adapt the factory for the T6 and new engines.

I hope it won't mean it will become impossible to order between now and end of 2015.

Is it just me or have all UK IP addresses been banned permanently from this site?

True, true!

However, there is a lot of talk and a lot of rumours now... something is definitely happening.

Has anyone told VW?

Bramco said:
Is it just me or have all UK IP addresses been banned permanently from this site?

Did you try and Google translate the URL?

When I did I got that message. Ended up copy/pasting from the thread itself into Google translate, which worked

Apparently, in austria (cheapest EU VW country, where many EU import cars come from), the Beach has disappeared from the configurator. On the website of a famous german importer it says 'Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren
Ab Sofort kann man das Modell California-Beach leider nicht mehr bestellen. '
Dated 23/01/15

Will contact my dealer next week to see what the status is in Belgium. VW could do better at communication.

On the IP address issue I simply used the link and got the site but then got the error message. Maybe being a French site they've sussed me out. :eek:

On the beach not being available it does seem a bit strange given I have the impression from the forum that sales are increasing rapidly. But then again I'm happy, I may be in the situation that I am the proud owner of a late model Beach before they were discontinued with a top end spec and in a few years people will be knocking on my door to buy it because you can't get them any more :smile

This is what the EU import company had to say (translated) when asked why the Beach can no longer be ordered
This is because it is completely sold out the quota for the T5 California Beach and Beach Edition. Now you can only re-order the T6 after his presentation about the end of May to mid-June.
So either, T6 is a facelift T5, new engines, little interior changes, and a California T6 will be available from june. Or, we'll have to wait until California T6 is available and it will soon no longer be possible nowhere to order a cali until then.
Bramco said:
But then again I'm happy, I may be in the situation that I am the proud owner of a late model Beach before they were discontinued with a top end spec and in a few years people will be knocking on my door to buy it because you can't get them any more :smile
When did you order and for what delivery date?

Zeratul, we took delivery last November. So a couple of months ago.

And loving it! :D

It's a tough decision. Passat 2.0 4motion has +50hp and -38gco2, also 30% less consumption

Tax wise an interesting thing. But on 300.000 km the consumption difference might match the new price difference.
Looking at passat's engines, I'm expecting a 120hp, a 150hp, and a 190hp 4motion as entry level 4motion model, next to a 240hp 4motion version. Would be very nice.

And then the teething problems will start, all new models have them, and the Euro 6 Diesel engines will be much more complicated than the Euro 5. Now a petrol engined T5 would be nice.;);)

Back