Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Service Interval

It's all held as an electronic service record by VW. Any VW dealer can print out the service history. Of course that only includes work done by VW. The cynic in me observes that this is a way to 'encourage' us to use VW for everything.

You've reminded me that I am still waiting for a print out of the work done on my Ocean 6 months ago!! It is my intention to keep a paper record myself so that if I have any routine work done anywhere else I can produce a single record when I come to sell it on (not that I intend to do that any time soon) :).

Thank you for quick reply. Yes just rang vw they confirmed all new vw ocean are electronically done as you said. What or where is radio code & key code now? Bare with me just getting used to Cali, forum etc thank you

Thank you for quick reply. Yes just rang vw they confirmed all new vw ocean are electronically done as you said. What or where is radio code & key code now? Bare with me just getting used to Cali, forum etc thank you

I might be wrong as it was a while ago I was looking into the radio code but I believe they no longer have them as not required.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If VW offer flexible servicing done by them and backed up with extended warranties using longlife oil it will do for me to have 2yr servicing.
Don't we all want less downtime and less trips to the garage.
In this day and age you would be surprised that a lot of large fleet and utility
companies stick to manufacturers service schedules some even using recycled oils.
Companies such as Ovoline supply these oils to large fleets.
I worked for my local electricity board some 20yrs and we very rarely had a lubrication problem other than oil levels not being checked regulally by the driver
Why waste the earths resources under using a highly developed product to under use it.
Whats that saying-does what it says on the tin...

Each 'service' in my plan consists of an oil service and an inspection. So my 4 service plan will last 4 years if I elect to have a fixed interval or approximately 8 years if I stay on flexible.
Either you have a different 4 service plan to me or I have misunderstood what you have written.

The £864 (£720 + VAT) four service plan is two interim services (oil change, oil filter and inspection) and two full services. The services must be carried out by a U.K. approved dealer.

=====
Pay Upfront Servicing Four Services Plan for your California

When you've got a good idea of what the short-term future holds for you. Pay upfront may be your best solution. You can choose whether to buy either 2 or 4 services upfront. If you buy two services upfront you will receive one interim and one full service at a discounted rate. If you decide to buy four services upfront you will receive two interim and two full services, again at a lower price, with the cost of your next MOT also included. Whichever you choose it doesn't matter how many miles you do in your vehicle, or how long you intend to keep it.

Prices are fixed at today’s rate and guarentee a saving over our National Service Pricing. Payable in one lump sum you can pay once and relax, knowing you have saved money and will have no more servicing costs for the duration of the plan.

Pay Upfront
One-off price for 4 years is £864.00 inc VAT.

This plan does not include maintenance or any parts that may need replacement due to wear and tear. Brake fluid is also not included.

This plan is for vehicles under 4 years of age with less than 80,000 miles.
=====

My first interim service was carried out in Spain. I am going to ask VW (UK) to agree to carry out my fifth (interim) service as I was specifically told that the pre-paid servicing was valid Europe wide at VW service centres.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

got mine 2nd hand . had oil service at 17000 mls. just went on what the dash display said. if that helps. I used to change my oil every 6000 miles on my old diesel 205 so I'm sure the long life oil is good for the long life they claim..

I've read through this and similar threads and am non the wiser about service intervals.

My Beach was delivered 30/03/2017
Oil change service completed 18/04/2018 + 8974 miles**
MFD currently showing:
Oil Service in 13,000 miles or 251 days
Inspection in 12,500 miles or 14 days (i.e. 18/04/2019)
My service book states Q18 which equates to Flexible service type

Should I expect to see this Inspection advisory given the vehicle is on Flexible? Can I ignore it?

**I purchased a 4 service plan and was advised, incorrectly by VW, that they needed to be used within 4-years. I have since been advised otherwise :headbang

I've read through this and similar threads and am non the wiser about service intervals.

My Beach was delivered 30/03/2017
Oil change service completed 18/04/2018 *+ 8974 miles**
MFD currently showing:
Oil Service in 13,000 miles or 251 days
Inspection in 12,500 miles or 14 days (i.e. 18/04/2019)
My service book states Q18 which equates to Flexible service type

Should I expect to see this Inspection advisory given the vehicle is on Flexible? Can I ignore it?

**I purchased a 4 service plan and was advised, incorrectly by VW, that they needed to be used within 4-years. I have since been advised otherwise :headbang
I should have said, current mileage is 16542

Is there no way to edit posts? I thought I had done in the past.

I should have said, current mileage is 16542

Is there no way to edit posts? I thought I had done in the past.

If it were my Cali, I’d have it serviced now. Ignore what VW say. Every 12 months or 10K miles, whichever comes first. Long life servicing might be OK when doing high mileage but not on a low mileage diesel. You’ve got a service plan, so why not?

Back