Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

European country garantee at UK

estresao

estresao

Vehicle
T5 Beach 4Motion
When you buy your brand new California abroad, in an European community country, and you have some issue (normaly covered by the garantee) at UK, will VW UK cover it?

In my case, because I'm Spanish expat living at UK, I'd like to buy my brand new California at Spain (because I have to part ex mu current Spanish Passat and because I feel more confortable driving a LHD vehicule of these sizes), but I'm a littke concern about whether I could experience problems to be covered at UK if some garantee covered issue hapens to me being here.

The dealer at VW Spain told me that VW provides an European wide garantee, but some California users told me, in a Spanish forum, that they had problems (not at UK) and VW didn't covered them (even calling VW International).

Thanks

You should be able to get warranty work done Europe wide without issue and within your warranty period. I have done warranty work for non-UK vehicles before and have also done work on a German vehicle that VW Germany contributed towards the repair as it was out of warranty and we did it all through our dealer and VW UK.

cheers

Thanks Alex, that relief me pretty much

Is the 3 year warranty on the California ALL VW or 2 years VW and 1 year Dealership ?

If yours is a UK registered vehicle and you have an issue outside of the UK, then in the third year you would have to cover the cost and submit your invoice to VW UK on your return.

cheers

Back