Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Insurance for a LHD Cali

estresao

estresao

Vehicle
T5 Beach 4Motion
Hi everyone,

I'm in the phase of buying my first VW California and, because I'm Spanish (UK resident), I'm thinking in get a LHD one from Spain (the VW Multivan Outdoor edition has a quite good price bearing in mind the standard features, mainly if you compare it with the VW California Beach) plus, to me, it's easier drive such a size vehicle when they are LHD.

The point here is: used to be very much expensive LHD California than RHD? Any experience about that? How easy/hard could be to find an insurer?

Thanks a lot,

Jose

T5WOB said:
my LHD one is so modifed .i went with comfort thats on the forum .i was paying £600 .now only £350 . :D

£350 that's good for your moded cali Martin, about what I pay for my standard cali !

estresao said:
Hi everyone,

I'm in the phase of buying my first VW California and, because I'm Spanish (UK resident), I'm thinking in get a LHD one from Spain (the VW Multivan Outdoor edition has a quite good price bearing in mind the standard features, mainly if you compare it with the VW California Beach) plus, to me, it's easier drive such a size vehicle when they are LHD.

The point here is: used to be very much expensive LHD California than RHD? Any experience about that? How easy/hard could be to find an insurer?

Thanks a lot,

Jose

It's hard to compare the two.

If you are talking about the full California, the SE/Comfortline than as vehicles the RHD probably offers more for the money because to sell them in the UK, they have to slim down the options/engines and offer certain things as standard, for example, UK Buyers love their alloy wheels so they are standard.

The advantage of the LHD is, firstly, more engines and more spec and in turn more individuality. A completely basic LHD California SE would like quite spartan compared to the UK but there is more options to choose from. You're also getting the LHD Multivan dash, that for me would be the main temptation. I also agree, a big vehicle presents less problems in LHD form.

LHD drive looks more expensive because put simply, the range is far broader.

And of course you have the exchange rate.

Just my thoughts

James

Thanks a lot for the help. I'll check Comfor :bananadance

@James: the Multivan Outdoot is more comparable with the California Beach, but with no top roof bed. To me that option so far is wining. From around 33.000€ you get lots of standard features like 17" alloy wheels, nav sat RNS 315 with DAB, multifunction steering wheel, bluetooh premium, parking sensor, 5 seats (two swivelling in front and 3 seats bench rear), etc, etc...

Next step is to know how can I bring it from Spain to UK not yet registered... I'll open another post for that.

thanks a lot

estresao said:
Thanks a lot for the help. I'll check Comfor :bananadance

@James: the Multivan Outdoot is more comparable with the California Beach, but with no top roof bed. To me that option so far is wining. From around 33.000€ you get lots of standard features like 17" alloy wheels, nav sat RNS 315 with DAB, multifunction steering wheel, bluetooh premium, parking sensor, 5 seats (two swivelling in front and 3 seats bench rear), etc, etc...

Next step is to know how can I bring it from Spain to UK not yet registered... I'll open another post for that.

thanks a lot

We don't get Multivans as such in the UK but, yes, they do seem to offer good value for money.

I don't know much about that model but it seems a good price. You always pay for the Beach concept, the pop top roof and other bits. Even in the UK, a Caravelle offers for more spec than a Beach.

I do wish we got Multivans in the UK

James

By the way, this price is VAT not included, however I got a discount that virtually match the VAT. Let's see

thanks chuggertwo..... I'll check with them as well

Try Abbeygate insurers who insure our LHD Cali in Portugal, they are also based in Spain very competive 0034952893380 or uk 00441 989565613 Hope this helps RUPEE :hello

Thanks Rupee, I'll check it our as well

Back