Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

extending 12v into awning/tent etc

kp64zl

kp64zl

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Any clever tips on how to extend the 12v supply from the van into say a tent or awning?

I'm thinking that I'd like to relocate my fridge out of van when sleeping etc.

I'm wondering if there's a neater solution than feeding the wire through a window or door (trip hazard, gets in the way)

thanks

Any clever tips on how to extend the 12v supply from the van into say a tent or awning?

I'm thinking that I'd like to relocate my fridge out of van when sleeping etc.

I'm wondering if there's a neater solution than feeding the wire through a window or door (trip hazard, gets in the way)

thanks
Using the 12v Socket beside the sliding door and passing the wire to the rear of the lower Sliding Door bracket would be easy. Use that all the time to get 12v outside the vehicle. Sliding Door operation unhindered.

Last edited:
Relatively easy to do just be aware if you use an extension cable, you will probably get voltage drop which can cause the auto cut out to come in earlier and cut out more often. Not a big problem but one to be aware of.

I can put our fridge in the awning but I use a hardwired cable direct to the leisure battery with a decent amp cable to avoid this. I use CTEK cables at the moment for plug and play use. Even so I get some voltage drop and it will be more evident the longer your cable is.

Back