Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extending mirrors?

diny

diny

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Complete beginner after years of caravanning! When driving on mainland Europe, are extending mirrors needed? Or a legal necessity?

Try a Google search of driving in Europe (AA or RAC) should give you the info you need.

Regarding mirror requirement. You must be able to see the rear corner of whatever you are towing in the mirrors.

In other wards if something behind, can you see it at all times, if not until it pulls out to pass then you need mirrors.

Sorry, not clear - what are you planning to tow then?
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear! I am a new California owner, and will not be towing anything! But still need to know if extending mirrors are either necessary or a legal obligation in mainland Europe. When towing I used to use one of those stick on mirrors, which was very easy to adjust. I haven't taken delivery of new cali yet, so I can't go and check! Just wondering!

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear! I am a new California owner, and will not be towing anything! But still need to know if extending mirrors are either necessary or a legal obligation in mainland Europe. When towing I used to use one of those stick on mirrors, which was very easy to adjust. I haven't taken delivery of new cali yet, so I can't go and check! Just wondering!
Welcome and you don't need additional mirrors to those already fitted.

Mike

As above, what you have is fine. In fact you will find them superb, great rear view.