Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Warranty 3-5 years ?

I have have the email below which is from VWCV.CO.UK with all the details filled in correctly, which I assumed meant that my warranty was all registered, but as I've said previously, when I went to the dealer to check it was registered, the syetm said that I had no extended warranty.
I do suggest that even if you've got this piece of paper, next time you pop into a dealer just get them to look up on their system, because if you have to claim on your extended warranty the computer will say NO, this could be really inconvenient, especially if you're a long way away from home.

Thanks Jabberwocky, I will use your info and kick arses20191017_101538.jpg

I have have the email below which is from VWCV.CO.UK with all the details filled in correctly, which I assumed meant that my warranty was all registered, but as I've said previously, when I went to the dealer to check it was registered, the syetm said that I had no extended warranty.
I do suggest that even if you've got this piece of paper, next time you pop into a dealer just get them to look up on their system, because if you have to claim on your extended warranty the computer will say NO, this could be really inconvenient, especially if you're a long way away from home.

Thanks Jabberwocky, I will use your info and kick arsesView attachment 51598
Thanks SusiBus. Do you have receipt of payment to dealer? (I have both a Credit card receipt and a hand written one just for good measure.)
Edit: The email you have is the same as the one I had for my old Cali.

Last edited:
Found the Vehicle Sales lnvoice which includes 5 Year Extended Warranty stating deposit paid, but then went to finance, and then came off finance within 2-weeks, so the paperwork trail is a bit complicated. I'll have to hand it over to my administrative department and follow it up.Thanks for raising this, I really need to sort it out.

The system now does seem to be simpler now than before. I took out the extended warranty yesterday and after the salesman filled in the details on the VW factory warranty system, the Factory Warranty Certificate shown posted above by 'Jabberwocky' was automatically produced and printed and handed to me as the last part of the registration process. VW are then automatically notified as part of the registration process and they should update their system with these details, which they do on a quarterly basis. Its worth checking with VW in a couple of months to ensure it has happened.

Back