Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Warranty 3-5 years ?

Oceandream A-T

Oceandream A-T

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Afternoon club ! We’ve just purchased our first Cali. Iv been told about extending the standard warranty from three years to five. Has anyone done this from early at the time of purchase or shortly after ? Is there a time limit for extending ? Can you set it up through VW website or do you have to visit a dealer ?
Thanks for your help !

Yes definitely worth doing I did it from new this June its good value,good for re-sale and they do have many issues that will be expensive if you dont have it covered...

Afternoon club ! We’ve just purchased our first Cali. Iv been told about extending the standard warranty from three years to five. Has anyone done this from early at the time of purchase or shortly after ? Is there a time limit for extending ? Can you set it up through VW website or do you have to visit a dealer ?
Thanks for your help !
From memory:
Extended warranty when buying new must be on the VWCC system within 90 days of Purchase (Edited to correct error)
It should be possible to arrange /make payment over the phone with the VW dealership which handled the sale if a visit is inconvenient
I dont think it is possible to do this on the website (but this could have changed)

Last edited:
Thanks for your help !
If you don't do anything else do this, also make sure you get an invoice and receipt that states you have it then keep it safe.

It was at the top of the wish list when we ordered our latest van, along with the 80l fuel tank, the others did not have it As said up to 90 days from registration.

Last edited:
Quick screen shot from VW website

C943F268-0CC6-4A56-A120-1113B92A2878.png

I also went for the extended warranty when i got my 2016 T6. The dealer was unaware of the process (told me to contact VW Customer Service) but with help from this forum I was able to be persistent and get them to check further and finally it was sorted and documented in the vehicle handover docs.
I’ve also just had to use it for several issues at 3.5 years old so it has paid for itself easily...

Definitely within 3 months.
i was given the impression from my Dealer that VW would contact me regarding the 5 year warranty as it was nothing to do with the Dealer.
After some time, holidays etc. I still hadn't heard from VW and so contacted them and was refused an extended warranty as it was now past the 3 months limit. No amount of complaining would change their minds and told that I'd have to wait until 3 years point.
Not how to gain Customer goodwill.

I thought it was 90 days from registration but like others have said above, do it today and get proof of it and keep it very safe.
Your probably right, I don't know where I got 30 days from. Better to say 30 and its 90 than say 90 and it turned out to be 30 then the OP missed out.

I thought it was 90 days from registration but like others have said above, do it today and get proof of it and keep it very safe.
90 days is much more reasonable, my memory obviously aint what it used to be

You also choose your milage limit of 80k or 150k see attached.

Attachments

• factory_extended_warranties.pdf
    406.8 KB · Views: 56
Make sure your extended warranty is registered on the VW register. If you've paid for it and only got a receipt and an email from VWCS, it may give you problems if you come to claim on it.
We checked on ours being registered while having SusiBus seviced at Breeze Poole, it said No extended warranty purchased. Inquired with purchasing dealer ( not breeze ) why, three weeks later I've not had an answer.

Where is the register that you need to check - I presume that it is on-line???

Where is the register that you need to check - I presume that it is on-line???
That would be too easy.

And pop into a dealer, and they probably can't answer either because in all likelihood they'll look on the wrong system.

And worse than that, if you make a claim in years 3-5 they will fob you off claiming that camping equipment is not covered: it is.

The original extended warranty covers exactly the same things as the original factory warranty.

I think it can only be checked on VW's own data base, which is only open to to VW personal. I'm intend to get written confirmation that it is registered. The actual register is mentioned on a previous similar thread.

There are two databases and they are called SAGA/2 and Elsa Pro. Back in 2017 you had to be registered on both and only VWCS have access the dealers do not have any access. I believe one is based in the UK and one in Germany.
I Just bought a new Cali with extended warranty - 5 years. I will tomorrow evening send a copy of my confirmation here as it seems to be far more straightforward now.

Thanks for your help !
Yes definitely worth doing we did at day of collection and payment as it's easy to forget as I think you only get 30 days to do it

Brilliant thanks everyone ! It is 90 days Iv just been told by VW been quoted £349 + VAT.

There are two databases and they are called SAGA/2 and Elsa Pro. Back in 2017 you had to be registered on both and only VWCS have access the dealers do not have any access. I believe one is based in the UK and one in Germany.
I Just bought a new Cali with extended warranty - 5 years. I will tomorrow evening send a copy of my confirmation here as it seems to be far more straightforward now.
Thanks Jabberworky for posting the details, i note at 12.51! What a wonderful forum this is, it never sleeps. What a pity VW is not as efficient.

OK, as promised earlier today (!!).
I paid for the 2 year extended warranty on 18th July the same date that the Cali was first registered.
I have a hand written receipt (quite quaint really!) from the the Van Center (Birmingham) and on the 17th August received the attached though the post confirming registration of my Extended Warranty with Ref No. (Redacted).
I am happy with this for six reasons:
1: Its on VCV letter head.
2: I have a ref number.
3: It refs my vehicle reg number.
4: It details what I bought - two years extended warranty.
5: Date of registration (of the extended warranty).
6: It's called a Certificate.

Scan_20191016.png
If you have paid for your extended warranty but don't have any proof you should IMHO have the above as a minimum.

Back