• Thread starter simon o sullivan
  • Start date
simon o sullivan

simon o sullivan

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Has anyone fitted an external gas point for a BBq
i have the diesel heater so have a spare isolation tap in the fold down kitchen cupboard so would like to use that.
where did you mount your external point.
many thanks

We use a Cadac Safari, with separate 903 gas bottle. Is super convenient and means that we can carry the portable bbq to the beach etc. When the main 907 ran out, we simply substituted the 903. Each to his/her own I guess.

Has anyone fitted an external gas point for a BBq
i have the diesel heater so have a spare isolation tap in the fold down kitchen cupboard so would like to use that.
where did you mount your external point.
many thanks

Getting to the outside from the kitchen isolation tap is difficult as the sliding door is in the way.
If I was fitting one I would go direct from the gas locker down through the vent at the bottom & then put it behind the rear wheel below the van - a number of people using Gaslow bottles have done the reverse & put their fill points there.
I would put on a rear mud flap as a bit of protection.

We use a Cadac Safari, with separate 903 gas bottle. Is super convenient and means that we can carry the portable bbq to the beach etc. When the main 907 ran out, we simply substituted the 903. Each to his/her own I guess.

Theres a lot more gas onboard a GC - up to 22kg in two bottles so makes sense to use that rather than carrying loose bottles around.