Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extra seating for T4

Hi, I got 600€ for it, could have held out for more, but its a big item and I wanted it out the way...

The German site in my previous post's always has some on there and also you could try the Dutch site Markplaats.nl, for example this guy seems to have loads!
https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/carava...651fa109c354bbabe740c1b&previousPage=lr&pos=8 - though his prices range between 750 to 1000€ depending the state and upholstery. He's 1.5-2hrs drive east of Amsterdam.
The German site will yield the best bargains, but Germany is a big place and so you'll maybe have a much longer trip...
I guess they will be few and far between in the UK, but get yourself one over here and make a weekend of it...

I will say though, these things a big and bulky, if you travel with one and hope to camp too then you'll need to leave it outside as soon as you park up (or even want to get into the cupboards!). One person could remove it on their own if they're strong, but in reality its a two person job... So its a godsend if you need more than four seats, but at the same time will be a pain in the ass for a trip where you're making frequent stops or need access to the cupboards. That said if you stick outside under the awning you'll have a very comfy bench that will be envy of those in their folding chairs... ;):D
Superb. That gives me some food for thought. I've actually got one to sell, as with you it's taking up useful space and it could fund the replacement of our canvas or retrofit cruise control. Or both :rolleyes:. We used it a few times to take our daughters and their friends away for a weekend but it's not an event we repeated many times. Sadly the upholstery doesn't match ours otherwise I'd keep hold of it. Knowing how much to ask for it has been my biggest problem and what you sold yours for is around what I hoped.
Appreciate your guidance.:thanks

Superb. That gives me some food for thought. I've actually got one to sell, as with you it's taking up useful space and it could fund the replacement of our canvas or retrofit cruise control. Or both :rolleyes:. We used it a few times to take our daughters and their friends away for a weekend but it's not an event we repeated many times. Sadly the upholstery doesn't match ours otherwise I'd keep hold of it. Knowing how much to ask for it has been my biggest problem and what you sold yours for is around what I hoped.
Appreciate your guidance.:thanks
Given the rarity of them in the UK, maybe you could even ask a little more?
Good luck!

Good luck!
Its a shame a similar item is not available for the T5/6, I am still looking.

I've seen one for sale last year for £600 but sold for £400 after few weeks.If yours is cactus or step by step design will sell for £600. I want step by step.

Good luck!
Now that would be nice. It's in good shape, I just need to find the right buyer. Fingers are crossed.

I've seen one for sale last year for £600 but sold for £400 after few weeks.If yours is cactus or step by step design will sell for £600. I want step by step.

After a little digging on this website I've discovered our extra seat is from the 1990-93 era and has the amusingly named Flockwürfel upholstery. Sadly not what you're after @only t4s.

After a little digging on this website I've discovered our extra seat is from the 1990-93 era and has the amusingly named Flockwürfel upholstery. Sadly not what you're after @only t4s.
Hi
I'm interested in the extra seating . We've just got our cali and our other car is 4seater a2 audi. Occasionally need more than 4 seats. Ideally after cactus trim. How much do you want for the Flockwürfel one? Has anyone got a cactus trimmed one they no longer use?
Many thanks
Robert
rshiers@yahoo.co.uk

Digging up an old thread but managed to pick up a spotless one from a Vito Westfalia for less than half the price the VW trimmed ones seem to command. Same piece of kit, just different trim cloth. Saves me renting a VW Shuttle when the in laws come over

Last edited:
Digging up an old thread but managed to pick up a spotless one from a Vito Westfalia for less than half the price the VW trimmed ones seem to command. Same piece of kit, just different trim cloth. Saves me renting a VW Shuttle when the in laws come over

Ideal, shame no one makes a similar item that would fit a T5/6.

There’s a set of extra seats for sale on ebay at the moment £380 in Cardiff with the chequered pattern (my fav) if anyone is interested

Back