Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I've got the shower

Thanks Auberg-ine ! I went't several times through your post and your setup is very impressive. Thanks for sharing all these ideas !

Hi,

Just let you see my new toy to have showers inside my Cali.

[EDITED: removing other forums' member references and adding more details.]

The shower cabinet is made with DuPont™ Tyvek® and double sewn. The shower tray is made with PVC and welded by high frequency. Tray's surface is 70x70 cm. The shower cabinet is 1.8cm tall and have an structure on the top to be attached in different vehicle's points. It's designed to be used with the top roof closed.

It includes a storage bag is also made with DuPont™ Tyvek®.

The shower head is not included, but I've got one very cheap and useful from a very famous on-line store with includes a water pump which can be connected to the car lighter.

That option is good for when you need wash yourself and have no option to use a regular shower facilities, and the weather prevent you do it outdoors. I find it useful to be used with or without the shower head. Used without the cabinet prevent your Cali get wet when washing youself.

And that's the result, I had my first shower inside my Cali and the test was successful. Very happy with it.

View attachment 14496

View attachment 14497

View attachment 14498

View attachment 14499

View attachment 14500

View attachment 14501
Hi, did you buy it in Spain? I have been on their website, but they don’t seem to post to the uk

Hi, did you buy it in Spain? I have been on their website, but they don’t seem to post to the uk
Yes, I bouth it directly in Spain, but I think they deliver to UK

Estresao, this exactly what I'm looking for !! With 3 children, we definitely need a shower inside the cali, and NO, I don't want to switch to a big camper van.
We recently made a two weeks trip in northern Spain, and the temperature was definitely too cold for an external shower. Can you tell me how much time you need for the setup ?
This post is now 2 years old, are you still happy with this solution ?
It doesn't take too much. You need to play some "tetris" inside (slide the bech to the raed side, open the roof, hung hte shower in the roof bars, etc....

In a couple of minites you are having a shower.

Yes, I´m still happy but.... I've sined.... two months ago I've took deliver of a near 8 meters motorhome with a proper shower :pinkbanana. I still own the Cali but usually trips using ot doesn't require having a shower.

Thanks for your reply. All the best with your new 8 meters toy !

Guys, I'm just sharing what I think it's a good idea and, of course, I know that's not the cup of tea of every one here. I'm not here to defend products companies sells. I'm starting to think I was wrong sharing that information in this site.

I understand there are other preferences and I agree with them (actually I use myself depending of the weather) and constructive comments are always more than welcome.

I usually go to ski and overnight at the ski stations, out of camp sites where, due the typical weather of the ski season, I don't want to have a shower outside with a bucket. Additionally, I grew up at the very south of Spain, where in summer is very usual to have peaks of more than 45 degrees, so you probably can imagine living in UK to me is kind of a frozen experience. Of course, if there is a proper shower installation near, I'm not idiot, I will used it instead, but when you are for several days/weeks wild camping in your Cali, a wet towel couldn't be enough, mainly for women when having those women days.

To me, owning a Cali Beach, could be very easy make comments about how many stuff most of the people here bring always in their Calis (kitchen, sink, wardrobe, motor to open the roof, etc, etc...)... but I keep calm and carry on sharing information.
Carry on and do what you feel is best for your needs and don’t mind the blagards