Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fake members...

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
I reckon at least a few posters here have no Cali and don't intend on getting one. Just here for a wind up.

The signs are no photos, irrelevant comments, odd avatars.

Anyone else noticed a few faux members?

smudger said:
I always thought you was a fake member?

So you joined in January but haven't posted until the last week or so.
You have no photos, most of your posts appear to be attempts at "humour" rather than anything vaguely constructive. Yes you are one of those I had in mind and I'm 95% sure you are AndyandLiz come back after a ban.

Most odd but hey ho, whatever makes you tick.

i don't want to sound rude but this all seems a bit personal - maybe a PM amongst people :)

Life's too short and we should keep this a happy forum - which it is and why I am so looking forward to Cali's on the Farm

No offence meant.

James

My favorite fake member is the one with Russian diet (and myself).

Custard said:
i don't want to sound rude but this all seems a bit personal - maybe a PM amongst people :)

Life's too short and we should keep this a happy forum - which it is and why I am so looking forward to Cali's on the Farm

No offence meant.

James

Well said James lets save the bitching and keep it friendly.

John

I will say that if I didn't have a Cali or had a lot of interest in buying one then I wouldn't see the point of using or being a member on the forum .....

smudger said:
I always thought you was a fake member?

Smudger
You avatar picture is not in front of a California, it is only pretending to be, I am getting reeeally suspicious :evil:

Perhaps we should submit log books for validation :lol:
Whoops attempt at humour alert :!:
I am going to have to upload some genuine looking photo's

choplee said:
I will say that if I didn't have a Cali or had a lot of interest in buying one then I wouldn't see the point of using or being a member on the forum .....

Lee it would really surprise you to know what can happen and has happened on forums.

There are certain warped individuals who love to get onto forums to start mixing it up, to cause all sorts of mayhem, and maximum disruption before moving onto another forum. All just for the fun of it. :crazy

One of the reasons why forums need moderators.

John

I quite like smudger............
If for no other reason than kernow is so easy to wind up!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

On a similar subject we are currently getting around 20-30 fake/spammers joining every day which we are having to delete, most being Russian, Indian and Chinese, thankfully we are getting to them before they fill the forum with spam.

Don't forget if you see a post which is offensive you can report it by clicking the exclamation mark that is on each post.

report.jpg

I quite like Smudger too and his other aliases that have all been extremely easy to see through. Including the ones on the 'other forum'. I have found it very amusing where he has been having a conversation with himself...

I think of these forums as being a little like a pub. There will be some you like, some you don't and some that are a bit mental.

But each to their own!

I thought my ears were burning

Lets get some facts right

I am not russian, chinese or indian

the van in the photo is my old Autocruise conversion back in July

what makes me sick is we only see ÂŁ1.75 per photo they sell

beardie said:
Perhaps we should submit log books for validation :lol:
Whoops attempt at humour alert :!:
I am going to have to upload some genuine looking photo's

Lol. I agree :)

I surrender, whilst i am not Russian or Chinese, I have to admit I am Polish and I do sell stock photos too. On some of the images I am there myself.

Good work Californiaman!!

Freeley; you have mentioned on a number of occasions how you find it funny seeing me "easily wound up." Is that maybe a bit odd?

We have banned Smudger for the time being unless anyone feels we should keep him active?

I hope there is a better reason for the ban than the photograph on front of non-california van, and finding the same picture on the stock photo library. I believe the camper people are likely the most common authors within the travel stock photo libraries. I do not say the person was genuine or not genuine, I only say that these pictures are proving nothing.

Andresz said:
I hope there is a better reason for the ban than the photograph on front of non-california van, and finding the same picture on the stock photo library. I believe the camper people are likely the most common authors within the travel stock photo libraries. I do not say the person was genuine or not genuine, I only say that these pictures are proving nothing.

I don't think anyone would have been banned without the appropriate level of checking first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD