Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Feedback on Beach purchase please

Looks great, Nice to see another BLG.

Did you opt for the Art velours in the end?
Yes we did, think they look better in real life than in the pics I saw before. Look pretty resilient too but still looking for a cover for the rear bench to protect against child seats and all of the stuff that gets dropped from them.

Other option that wasn’t sure on was the LED lights - very glad to have these now and think they are excellent.

Yes we did, think they look better in real life than in the pics I saw before. Look pretty resilient too but still looking for a cover for the rear bench to protect against child seats and all of the stuff that gets dropped from them.

Other option that wasn’t sure on was the LED lights - very glad to have these now and think they are excellent.
After having a couple of Beaches with standard grey upholstery, I think the Art Velours really makes the interior look more suited to a van costing 60k! Really pleased with it.
After having mine for a couple of months now tho, I notice that the Black panels always look dusty and I’m often wiping them down.

Edit: I’m referring to wiping down the black plastic panels, not the seats!

Last edited:
Anymore pics? Simular to the spec I have on order, also from Tom at breeze.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Full real leather retrim £1500 for a 7 seat Beach !
colour and spec of your choice
Makes the factory option look silly !

Anymore pics? Simular to the spec I have on order, also from Tom at breeze.

Yes sure let me know if there’s anything you’d like to see - I’m afraid it’s already started to be converted into a play den!

Yes sure let me know if there’s anything you’d like to see - I’m afraid it’s already started to be converted into a play den!
We have a nearly 1 year old so ours could very well end up that way! I am interested in the art velors seats as I chose these for the looks and good reviews on cleanabilty, do they look darker in reality? Did you have any issues with the tax or was it straightforward £270 per year?

I’ve had my Beach for just over a year (after having an Ocean for four years) which I bought to reduce ‘damage anxiety’ ie I wanted something with the least amount of fragile tat to go wrong whilst giving me the maximum flexibility.
My three seater showroom Beach has done that.
I agree with the original list and have most of them - the diesel heater being my top priority - but missed out on the nice-to-have adaptive cruise control.
The one annoyance is VW penny pinching and in particular the cheap basic dashboard with plenty of open storage so always on view to tempt towrags - and the lack of roof front window (how mean is that).
The only other item I would mention in passing is the headroom is quite low with the three seater bed using the VW topper - the topper being a nuisance to store as well. It’s the first thing I notice after my Ocean. I’m looking into dumping this in favour of something much thinner and more basic.
Oh and don’t forget the five year warranty.

Back